First Day (Kylo Ren x Reader)

"Y/N, this is General Hux. He oversees most of the work on the Base."

"Lieutenant Mitaka," Hux nodded at your brother before turning to you, "And you must be...?"

"Y/N," you held out a hand to him, "Officer Y/N."

He shook it, smiling, "I take it your new, Officer Y/N? Although, I checked the administration records last week and I don't recall seeing that name."
"That's because her name–" you elbowed your brotherly covertly enough for Hux not to see.

"Yes, yes I'm new. The Lieutenant was just getting me acquainted."

"Well, I look forward to working with you," Hux smiled kindly.

You smiled back at him before he went on his way.

"Stay away from him, he's trouble," your brother told you.

"Oh please, I've heard stories about General Hux. I am not interested."

"Well that's, um. That's good," he responded.

You rolled your eyes, "You're not Dad, Dopheld. You can't tell me what I can and can't do anyway."

"No, but I'm your older brother and all I'm saying is that you... You're a girl, so I suppose– I don't know, I suppose I need to warn you about the men on this Base."

You scoffed, "Why? Are they all as annoying as you?"

He frowned, "Y/N, you know what I mean. Some of these men– like Hux say, they're dangerous. You don't want to get involved with them."

"Duly noted, Dad. Anyone else?"
"Commander Ren," he said almost immediately, ignoring the fact that you were annoyed with him.

You laughed, "The Commander? Dopheld I'm a low ranking officer, do you really think I'll... You know what? Never mind." If Dopheld didn't have the last word, you knew you would be hearing from your parents. So you stayed quiet.

He seemed pleased with himself before he frowned again.

"Oh, what now?"

"Well, what was that all about before?" He asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"Why do insist on just being called Y/N?"

"Because that's my name!" You exclaimed.

"Yes, but it's not your full name, is it?"

"It is as far as everyone else on this Base is concerned," you retorted.

"No, you should be calling yourself Officer Mitaka!"

You sighed, "Honestly Dopheld, do you really think I want people knowing we're related? The Commander hates you."

"He does not!" Your brother responded, "W-when did you hear that?"

"None of your business," you smirked, teasing him now.

He let out a frustrated sigh, "Well if you know so much, why don't I just leave you to figure things out for yourself?!"

"Sounds like a brilliant idea." You could do with the time without him.

"Fine!" He said firmly. His expression quickly softened when he realised what he had said, "We'll meet at dinner then. You have a datapad so just... Contact me if you need me."

No matter how hard he tried, Dopheld couldn't help but be protective of his little sister. You were annoyed by it at the best of times, but deep down you knew he meant well.

"Sounds good," you smiled, giving him a quick hug, "I'll be fine, honestly."

You didn't wait when you saw him walking away to hurry off in the opposite direction.