Chapter 5:

I'm thankful when Harry leaves so Tristan and I can discuss the party, I need more details to ease my nerves.

"Where is the party? Is it within walking distance?" I ask him as I align my books on the shelf into alphabetical order. It's a habit.

"It's technically a frat party, at one of the biggest frat houses here," his mouth is wide open as he layers more mascara onto his lashes, "it's right off campus so we won't be walking but Niall will pick us up,"

I'm grateful it won't be Harry, even though I know he will be there somehow riding with him seems unbearable. Why is he so rude? If anything he should be grateful that I am not judging him for the way he has destroyed his body with holes and tattoos. Maybe I am judging him a little, but not to his face at least. It is just that I was raised in a home where tattoos and piercings are not expectable, I always had to have my hair combed, my eyebrows plucked, and my clothes clean and ironed. It is just the way it is.

"Did you hear me?" Tristan says and laughs.

"Sorry.. what?" I hadn't realized my mind has wandered.

"I said let's get ready, you can help me pick my outfit." He says. The clothes he picks out are so inappropriate that I keep looking around for a hidden camera and someone to jump out and tell me it is a joke, I cringe at each one and he laughs, obviously finding my disgust humorous. The clothing, no, piece a scrap material.. He chooses is a ripped black leather jacket and a plain grey tank top, at least the bottom is solid but I get the feeling he would wear it even if it wasn't. His flaming red hair is gelled into a spike like do and he has more eyeliner on than ever.

"Did your tattoos hurt?" I ask him as I pull out my maroon suit.

"The first one sort of did, but not as bad as you would think. It's almost like a bee stinging you over and over,"he shrugs. Ouch, that sounds very unpleasant.

"That sounds terrible," I tell him and he laughs. It occurs to me that he probably finds me as strange as I find him. It's oddly comforting.

"You're not really wearing that are you?" He gapes at my suit

My hand slides over the fabric, this is my nicest outfit and I didn't bring many clothes with me. Since I skipped on going to the store today, I will have to find time this week. I need to pencil that in before I forget.

"What is wrong with my outfit?"

I try to hide how offended I am. The maroon material is soft but sturdy, the same material business suits are made of. The collar goes up to my neck and the sleeves are three quarter length, reaching just under my elbows.

"Nothing.. it's just so...Sophisticated?" He says.

"I want to look my best for everyone," I defend my favorite outfit.

"It's nice , I just think it's a little too heavy for a party, you could borrow something of mine?" He offers and I laugh.

"No thanks, I am fine wearing this." I tell him, styling my hair, letting it fall into a mop of a messy fringe

"Do you want to use some of my makeup?" Tristan asks and I look in the mirror again.

My eyes always look a little too large for my face but I don't usually wear makeup unless I'm in one of those school plays or it's very necessary. I am pretty proud of how well I take care of my skin so why hide it if I don't need to?

"Maybe a little eyeliner? I say, still unsure.

He gives me a smile and hands me three pencils. One purple, one black and one brown. I roll them around in my fingers, deciding between the black and brown.

"The purple will look great with your blue-green eyes," he says and I smile but shake my head.

"Your eyes are so unique, want to trade?" He jokes.

He has amazing green eyes, why would he want to trade with me? I take the black pencil and draw the thinnest possible line around both eyes, earning a proud smile from Tristan. His phone buzzes and he grabs his wallet. "Niall's here" he informs me, I smooth my suit and slip on my white toms. He eyes my flat shoes but doesn't comment.

Niall is waiting out front of the building, rock music blaring out of the rolled down windows. I can't help but glance around to see everyone staring. I keep my head down and just as I look up, I see Harry lean up in the front seat. He must have been bending down. Ugh.

"Fellas." Niall greets us and Harry shoots me a glare as I climb in behind Tristan, getting stuck sitting behind Harry.

"You do know that we are going to a party not a church right Lewis?" Harry says with a smirk.

"Do not call me Lewis, it's Louis," I warn him, I hate being called Lewis

"Sure thing Lewis." he says and I roll my eyes. I will not banter back and forth with him, he is not worth my time.

After what feels like ages we finally pull up to a huge two story house with overgrown vines sprawling up the side. THETA XI is painted in black letters on the massive house. It looks like something from a movie.

"It's so big, how many people will be here?" I gulp. The lawn is full of people holding red cups, I am way out my league here.

"A full house, hurry up," Harry says and gets out of the car, slamming the car door behind him.

I watch as multiple people high five and shake Harry's hand. No one else that I see is covered in tattoos like him, Niall and Tristan. Maybe I can make some friends here tonight after all.

"Coming?" Tristan smiles and I nod as I climb out of the car, making sure to smooth my suit again.

"Oh no, I don't drink." I tell him and he tries to hide his smile.

"Leave it to Tristan to bring a over-dressed priss to a frat party." A tiny girl with pink tipped hair says under her breath.

I am going to pretend that I don't hear her so I don't have to think of a comeback. priss? I am in no way "prissy" I have worked and studied hard to get where I am and my mother has worked her entire life to make sure I have a good future.

"I am going to get some air." I say and turn to walk away.

"Do you want me to come?" Tristan calls after me.

I shake my head and make my way to the door. I knew I shouldn't have agreed to come to the party. I could be in my pajamas curled up in bed with a novel right now. I could be skyping Natalie who I miss terribly, I could be doing anything and it would be better than sitting outside this dreadful party with a bunch of drunken idiots. I decide to text Natalie.

I miss you! College isn't fun so far. :( I send and sit on the stone wall waiting for her reply. A group of drunk girls walk by giggling and stumbling over their own feet. How obnoxious. Hopefully this isn't how everyone in college is.

Why not? I miss you too Lou. I wish I was there with you. I smile at her words.

"Shit sorry!" A male voice says and a second later I feel the cold liquid soak the front of my dress. The guy stumbles and pulls himself up.

"My bad, really." He mumbles and sits down.

This party could not get any worse. My attire is soaked with god knows what type of alcohol and I have nothing to change into. Sighing, I pick up my phone and walk inside to find a bathroom. I push my way through the crowded hall and try to open every door on the way, none of them will budge. I don't even want to think about what people are doing in the rooms. I make my way upstairs and continue my hunt for a bathroom. Finally, one of the doors opens, unfortunately it is not a bathroom, it's a bedroom and even more unfortunate for me, Harry is lying across the bed with the pink haired girl straddling him.

again thanks to @StoranOfMyLife for helping. <3

sorry for the slow updates, lately i've just lost motivation for everything but i'm feeling better now. Will try and update more often.