046 | OIKAWA TOORU

one shot is titled— BEGINNINGinspired by guilty crown

one shot is titledBEGINNING
inspired by guilty crown

The sky is calm, the drizzle, evident in the vast sky as Oikawa stares at his phone, watching a girl his age singing. Her voice helped him calm down as problems came to his. He presses the volume button til the maximum volume as he closes his eyes, leaning on the cold metal railings of the rooftop.

"TOORU!" The brunett flinches, hiding his phone in his pocket as he composes himself and walks back to their apartment.

Upon opening the door, he was greeted by his mother holding his test results, his bag looks like it was rummaged, his sports bags left untouched on the couch.

"WHAT IS THIS?!" His mother furiously walks to him, shoving him the paper. "WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT PERFECT RESULTS?! 98?! LAST TIME YOU GOT 100? WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!"

Oikawa scans the paper. "I'm sorry mother. I swear I'll do my best next time," he bows down his head and walks past his mother but she grabs his wrist with a firm hold.

"There wouldn't be a next time Tooru," she says sternly. "If you don't do your best the next time, I'll ask for you to be kicked out of the Volleyball Team, got it?"

All he could do is nod and pick up his school things. "Why don't I teach you a lesson?"

He shivers at the tone of her voice, quickly shoving his things in his bag and grabs his sports bag, making a run for his room.

"Tooru-chan~ you can run but you can't hide!"

Oikawa's eyes flashed in fear and horror as he staggers across the stairs and throws a couple of things down the stairs. He was about to close his door when his mother grabs his arm and crushes it on the door.

Leaving an estrangled cry to leave his lips.

"Oikawa-sama, are you okay?"

He enters Aoba Johsai with a cast on his left arm, made by his mother. There are also bandaids on his face, violet and blue marks on his body.

He grins cheekily, patting the girl's head. "Thank you for worrying," Before he walks away to the third year's building, Iwaizumi trailing behind him.

The childhood friends sits in their seat after the first bell rang, the seat next to him empty.

Their homeroom teacher enters the room. "Class we have a new student," He announces, the students chattering filling the room.

"Oi Kusokawa," Iwaizumi calls out to him for the nth time and nudged his ribs, making Oikawa wince.

The brunett jutts his bottom lip and crossed his arms. "So mean Iwa-chan."

"Anyways, what happened to you?"

Oikawa tenses up and he was thankful when their new classmate entered the room.

"Ohaiyo, minna-san. My name is (f/n) (l/n). Nice to meet you," you bow 90 degrees.

"(F-f/n)?!"

"Isn't she the famous singer?"

"Let's get her autograph later!"

"Settle down students, settle down," Their teacher stands up. "I know all of you knows (l/n)-san. But please do not tell it to the public."

"I wish to have a peaceful year here at this school," you comply to them. "Please take care of me."

"Okay please take a seat next to Oikawa-san. Oikawa-san! Please raise your hand!"

The captain did as told and raised his arm up in the air before you take the empty seat beside him.

It is breaktime and the students circles around you.

"(F/n)-chan, can you sign me an autograph?" A boy asks you, handing a sketch book.

You look at the boy, shaking your head to reject him politely. "I'm sorry but please, I am having my lunch."

But still, their classmates didn't follow her and Oikawa was beyond annoyed. He grabs your wrist along with your bento as the both of you sprinted through the halls.

At first, it looked like Oikawa Tooru and you are a couple running away from someone. The most good-looking and famous student in Aoba Johsai, and a beautiful and famous celebrity. A couple matched made in heaven.

Too bad, they could only see what's in the outside.

You remain silent and let Oikawa do whatever he wants, just away from the crowd.

You two ended up in the rooftop, eating your bento in silence while Oikawa examines his broken hand.

"Your name is Oikawa-san, right?" You ask, munching on your sushi.

He nods weakly in reply.

"Thank you..." you mumble under your breath without emotion as though you cannot express any feelings.

"No problem, (f/n)," Oikawa smiles forcefully.

When you look into his eyes, it reflected the same as yours. Pressure, loneliness, abuse, and the lack of people seeing what is really happening. Well, people only minded their own business.

But when two people with equally broken hearts stumble across together, it is said that those two will be their very own foundation to repair their hearts, to help each other be their own hearts.

It's only the beginning. But I know we'll help each other.

to celebrate the upcoming 100k reads, i decided to make a long one shot, maybe 3-5 thousand words maximum. i'm not sure yet.