Chapter 28: Written in the stars

 *Flashback*

      "And...done!" My mom stepped back to admire her work on my face.

           I stared at my face in shock. It's prom night and although I really don't want to go Andrew asked me and according to my mom you should always try to make your boyfriend happy. If this is even a real relationship. I mean he's sweet and all but on valentine's day he gives me a small box of chocolate from the school store while other girls got kisses and love notes, heck even hugs.

     I guess I shouldn't complain though, my mom says to take what you can get when it comes to men. I think somewhere deep down she feels guilty about my dad leaving us. I slid my hand down the silky fabric of my dress that my mom bought for me. It's long all the way down to my ankles and hugged my waist, it was was silver so it shimmered by the slightest movements. 

    There was one single strap that went around my neck and a small part of my chest was visible. Another five grand gone down the drain. Pointless.  It's my prom and I don't even get to choose my own outfit. I cannot wait for college where I can finally make my own choices and maybe even convince andrew to kiss me on the lips this time or maybe i'll meet someone better. If I do I pray he's hot and at least try to touch me.

   But that's not going to happen. Ever.

     Rose and her silicone friends didn't call me virgin mary for no reason —behind my back of course because that's what fake people do— either way this prom is going to suck. The doorbell rang and I tugged at my curls nervously as my mom ran to get the door. I hope Andrew likes this new look, I don't prefer curls but I liked how my mom's eyes lit up when I agreed to let her do them anyway —not that I had a choice really. 

     "Ashley!" My mom called, her voice ecstatic. " Your boyfriend's here"

           I sighed and shook my head in the full length mirror. I don't even know how I managed to get a boyfriend honestly, normally my mom was strict about boys but Andrew has been tutoring me for a while and I guess she became keen to him, after that it might as well have been written in the stars. Not that he's bad looking, he's not. Andrew has light brown hair which he dosen't like to cut so the shortest it has ever been is a little bit past his ears, he always combs it over to the side which brings out the cuteness in his features like his dazzling amber eyes and full lips.

    " In a sec!" I yelled back giving myself one last look before walking out.

         " Hey are—" Andrew froze and stared at me. My mom's mouth couldn't grin any wider and I just stood there playing with my nails. "Um...wow...y-you look great"

      I blushed. "Really 'cause—"

      " You like it 'Drew?," I got cut off by my mom who playfully grabbed his bicep. " If you want I can make her dress like this everyday"

    "Oh uh..." He shifted away from her uncomfortably. " No it's fine she looks beautiful everyday"

         I looked up at him smiling. See? he's really sweet. Too sweet. " Thank you"

             " Let's go, the limo is waiting" He slipped his hand through mine so we were linked at the elbow before waving bye to my mom.

      " Excited?" He asked when we were seated in the vehicle. I noticed he was wearing an all white tux with a black bow tie and admired how handsome he looked.

     "No" I answered honestly.

          He nodded before pushing a button which lowered the black border separating us from the driver and whispered, "Plan B"

      I rose my eyebrows. " What's plan B?" I asked, trying not to frown because he was all the way on the other side of the seat, almost as if he was purposefully avoiding me or trying to be careful.

   " Something I'm going to get in big trouble for" He answered  and laughed as if there was a secret message I was supposed to understand. A gasp escaped my lips as he took his phone out of his pocket and tossed it out the window.

       "Wha— that's a $600 dollar phone!" I covered my mouth in shock.

      He shrugged. " I'll just have to get a new one then...Oops.." The driver chuckled under his breath and I felt like there was something I wasn't quite comprehending, but ignored it. I had a feeling Andrew was grateful.

      "Here we are" He whispered taking my hand and helping me out the limo. We weren't at prom and I was thankful. We were on some kind of cliff where the city lights shined brightly and the stars glistened. There was a beautiful undescribable combination of colors in the center of it all and I stared in awe as Andrew watched me.

 There was a beautiful undescribable combination of colors in the center of it all and I stared in awe as Andrew watched me

   " I really like this view" I finally spoke breaking the comfortable silence.

      "Yeah," Andrew agreed. "Me too"

          My heart skipped a beat and my brain panicked. Could this be it? will I finally share my first kiss? he must've known what I was thinking because he sighed and ran his hands through his hair messing it up a bit which only made him look even more attractive.

    "Ashley...I can't," He met my eyes frowning. " You're off limits"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ohhhhh snap! is it all falling into place now?

            No?, don't worry it will ;)

      I honestly could not write more clues and hints in this lol, I hope you caught them but I hope you didn't at the same time :P

  Pleaseeee vote, comment, fan, share, reccomend etc it really means alot ❤

          xoxo,

those hints though...