Chapter 30: The Alpha's Next Meal

Jaidan

''It was an order. Jaidan give her the pup, if she refuses to feed it, she can take its place in exile.''

Tate stumped us all with his exit without even a glance back, but we all heard the finality in his voice. His tone left no room for argument.

I took a quick glance at Kelsey and she didn't seem all too happy about the situation as well as all the other mothers or mothers-to-be.

To be quite honest I didn't know how I felt about leaving this little guy in a stranger's care. He had become a part of me already and I felt like I was just handing over a family member to a lion.

Alic stepped up beside me and glowered at the woman in front of us before nudging my arm her way. A blonde lady quickly swooped in and took her baby from her at Kelsey's request, her arms reaching out for the pup in my hands which I gave over none too happily.

He needed to eat, I had to think about him. He needed a mother, not an omega.

My heart broke at the fact I couldn't take care of the one thing I had tried to save from everyone else. An omega's job was to care for the children, but as a male, I couldn't even accomplish that task.

As Kelsey held the pup far from her chest her eyes creased at the sides as an unpleasant look took her shy features and twisted them into something ugly. It was the look you'd give something filthy, something beneath you as if you were scraping gum off the bottom of your shoe or hand washing bird poop off of your new shirt.

''All you have to do is wean it, don't act as if it's trash.'' Charlie growled out as he grabbed my arm and we exited the room.

I could hear the whispers of disgust as we exited from the beautiful nursery, emerging into the throne room. It was too bad the storybook looking room was clouded by the storm clouds of arrogance.

All of a sudden we ran into a circle of people stone quiet.

''What's going on?'' Charlie squeezed us between people, in and out of muscles and children until we came to the middle of the circle.

Two wolves circled each other, their heads coming to my chest in height as they stared each other down. I could spot Tatum anywhere, his father looking almost the exact same as him only larger.

''They're challenging one another.'' Charlie's eyes grew large as the two wolves finally clashed.

The Alpha went straight for Tatum's blind side effectively ripping a gaping hole in his side as he dodged and slipped between attacks from Tatum.

My hand came up to cover my mouth, I felt sick as I watched Alpha Lance tug at Tatum like he was a chew toy. I could only compare it to an older, more experienced lion going up against a kitten the way he expertly went for all Tate's weak spots. 

Tatum did everything he could to get out of the hold his father had but he was clearly at a disadvantage with half his vision missing and no time to acclimate to the sudden vision shift but that didn't stop him from getting in a few good swipes. Somehow, in the scuffle Lance's ear and cheek got torn, blood flowing freely from the gashes caused by tooth or claw. It was happening so fast I couldn't even tell what was doing the damage. 

Their bodies were moving so fast, for one moment I thought Tatum would be on top but his father would go for his blind side, again and again, no matter how hard he tried to protect it, he was just outmatched by the Alpha.