第9章:好きキライ

CHAPTER 9:Love, Hate

Sorano sneezed again. Akaashi turned his head to the girl scrubbing the sink with all her might. 'Are you sure you're okay?' he asked. Sorano sniffed and nodded vigorously.

'Thanks for asking. I accidentally slept with the air conditioner on last night. This is just temporary, don't worry.' She replied and raised her head so she'd face the ceiling.

She stayed for a few seconds then got back to work.

'What did you do?' Akaashi found himself unable to resume his work as he watched the girl.

'Letting the mucus flow back in because I can't wipe my nose. Sounds disgusting, I'm sorry.'

'Maybe I should tell Kuroo-san to let you rest for a while—'

Sorano shook her head. 'No, no! I'm fine, really!'

Akaashi frowned then sighed. 'If you say so.'

'Say, Akaashi-san,' she called out and the lad hummed in reply. 'Why did you come to work here?'

'This might sound ridiculous to you but Kanzaki-san was the one who recruited me. As soon as I agreed, he let me into the team and no interviews were done. I wasn't required to send a resume as well.' He retorted.

'How about Bokuto-san? Did you invite him?'

'No, in fact we didn't see each other much a year after he settled in a local university. I guessed Kanzaki-san approached him too. Getting into the same team was a pure coincidence.'

'I see...'

'How about you Sorano-san? Why did you come to work here?' it was his turn to ask.

Sorano tilted her head slightly, thinking. 'Back in high school, I had no friends, my grades were average and I didn't care about anything. My life was boring. When someone offered me a job of being a manager for a model, I learned a lot and it made me realize how fun it was to have something to do.

'Managing Kise alone wasn't enough. I felt like I had to do something else so I signed up as a bartender because it only has night shifts and it won't interfere with my other job or my studies. I like being busy and having things to do.'

'Kise?' Akaashi questioned.

'Kise Ryouta, he's a model.'

Akaashi nodded in understanding. 'You're a hard worker, then?'

'Kind of.' She smiled.

As if on cue, Bokuto barged into the washroom and his face was glowing in excitement. 'Free melon breads!' he exclaimed.

-

Kageyama Tobio sighed. Once again, he was dragged upstairs to the pub to offer everyone melon breads, free at that. Oikawa pushed the door open. 'Everyone, free melon breads!' he beamed.

The girl by the counter, Shino Izumi stood from her seat. 'Again?!' she queried. Oikawa gave her a convincing grin. 'I'll go call Team B!'

'I'll go get Iwa-chan!' he chirped in reply and ran to the kitchen. Kageyama sighed again and took a seat at the bar. He couldn't believe he was in a pub for the second time.

'Kageyama,' a voice called out and the said person turned his head towards the kitchen door. 'Were you dragged upstairs again?' it was Iwaizumi Hajime, his mentor's best friend.