39; Weaknesses, distractions, and perfume

Zayn

There's a feeling burning within me that I always feel when I'm with Violet, and it makes me really nervous and fearful. Looking at her right now, her body trapped under mine, her fingers tenderly holding onto my arms, her blue eyes stunningly bright, I just want to have her. Claim her as my own with my lips. I want to feel her nervous, choppy breaths every day beneath me, feel the glide of her fingers on my skin. But this feeling, it's one of vulnerability. I feel so ... weak.

Violet's weakening me.

And it's not good, because she's invading me, she's taking control. Never once have I felt so dependent on anyone before, but here she is, totally unaware she's doing it. She holds this stamina and determination, her head high and her priorities focused. And I've never met someone so ... perfect before.

And so it's not even in my mind when I lean forward to kiss her. It's totally her control, her dominance over me. And it freaks me out so much that I jump off her immediately, springing to my feet and finally coming to my senses.

Violet! Violet?! I was going to kiss Violet? I run my hands through my hair as I pace back and forth. I hear Violet get to her feet and I glance over at her, she's dead white.

"Guys, what the hell is going on between you two?" Niall asks.

I had totally forgotten he and Avery were there. God, screw Violet! She's doing this to me, she's making me absolutely mad! I'm supposed to be the one in charge, that's always been the way. I'm dependent on no one, I'm not weak. I don't get weakened by anyone. What is she doing to me?

"Nothing," Violet and I both blurt simultaneously.

I stay looking at her, and I'm suddenly angry. She doesn't get to do this to me. She doesn't get to dominate me, own me, control me. "No, nothing," I say again. "And nothing ever will." I'm never going to let her get me that weak again.

I'm just blaming my loss of strength on the hard fall to the ground.

Violet gulps at me, and I notice she's fiddling with her sweater sleeve. She's totally nervous, but she has no right to be. I was the one going to kiss her. All by her control. I mean, I would have never done it on my own self's recognition. Right?

"You two are honestly weird," Niall says. And coming from Niall, I'm highly offended. "Are we continuing with the game?"

Continuing? Hell no. I am not continuing with Violet around. "I think we're done," I say.

"But nobody's won!" Avery cries.

"I need to get to Liam's piano practice," Violet squeaks.

I don't look at her. Right, Liam. Her boyfriend. Why do I keep forgetting about that? Or more importantly, how do I keep forgetting that? Liam's the most annoying person in this world. He thinks he's so great, getting straight A's on his tests and playing piano and soccer and with his hair all swishy. I don't like him, at all. And the more I think about it, I realise why I don't. It's because he has Violet.