Frustration (Bran Stark x reader)

You glanced back at Bran's sullen face and frowned. He was always quiet, but it was worse today. You let your siblings Jojen and Meera walk ahead as you hung back to wait for Bran in his wheelbarrow. "I've got it, Hodor," you told Hodor with a smile before taking the handles of the wheelbarrow in your hands. You didn't say anything for a few minutes, hoping Bran would talk to you. No luck.

After a few more moments of silence, you finally decided to ask, "What is troubling you, Bran?" He didn't answer you, only furrowed his brows and stared straight ahead. You sighed, ready to protest but your brother looked back at you and shook his head, indicating that you should leave it alone for now. You closed your mouth again, listening to Jojen for once.

You sat across the fire from Bran that night, keeping one eye on him as he spoke to Jojen. You didn't understand why he would talk to your siblings, but not to you. Had you done something? "I'm going to see if I can catch something for supper," you announced suddenly, getting up and grabbing your bow. You watched Bran frown again before you turned and walked deeper into the woods. "Y/N, take Meera with you!" you heard Jojen call so you stopped and waited for Meera to catch up.

When she did, the two of you hunted in silence for a bit before she asked you, "Are you alright? There's something bothering you." You sighed and nodded. You had always been close with your brother and sister so you had no problem confiding in her. "It's Bran. He will not speak to me. He stares at me and lets me talk to him, but he never speaks to me anymore. Did I do something?" you asked her. She smiled and shook her head. "I don't think you've done anything. Why don't you ask him when we get back?" You smiled and agreed.

After you returned to camp and finished supper, you moved to sit next to Bran, not noticing that Jojen, Meera and Hodor had wandered off to leave the two of you alone to talk. "Bran, you cannot keep ignoring me this way. It isn't fair. Why do you not speak to me?" you asked him quietly. Bran turned his head to look at you. He sat pondering for a moment before answering, "I'm frustrated, Y/N. I can talk to Jojen about the Sight and Meera about other things, but you...I want to be able to talk to you alone. To hunt with you or even just take a walk with you and I can't!"

You placed your hand on his and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "You could have just told me, Bran. I would have taken your wheelbarrow from Hodor or walked in the back with you so we could try and talk. I cannot understand your frustration of not having the use of your legs, but I can be there for you whenever you need me." You smiled at him and he return the gesture. "Now that that's sorted, what would like to talk about?" you asked. Across the camp, from the edge of the wood line, Meera and Jojen were watching with smiles on their faces. "Just as I saw it," Jojen whispered as he watched the two of you.