Chapter 1: Perry Dames, the Beta

Chapter 1
Perry Dames, the Beta

Hadley Martins was staring at me wide eyed, tears were running down his cheeks, reaching his chin and tears were dropping in the ground. Hadley Martins had really fucked up. I had just asked him to do such a simple thing yet he failed, thus resulting me to get really angry. The one thing I really hated was when I told someone to do something in a clear voice yet they couldn't do it right when I made sure that they would understand the simple instructions that I had given them. But no, Hardley Martins had to fail. I just asked him to get me a water, something that would quench my thirst yet he tripped and spilled the water on the ground. The thing was, I was really thirsty and my throat was very dry. The fact that I would ask someone again to get me a water to drink had really pissed me off, so I decided Hadley the beatings he deserved. My pals were watching me beat Hadley; Marcus, Kevin, Kyle, and Joel. They were looking at me with amusement in their eyes, and that pushed me to my edge. I really wanted Hadley to fear me, to make sure that he knew the Beta, which was me. I leaned down, pulling out a knife that was resting in my back pocket, and looked at Hadley with amusement in my eyes. I would just scare the kid away, to make sure not to mess up again the next time I asked him to do something easily.

The fear in his eyes wasn't enough, so I would make sure to include a bit of pain so he would be able to understand the consequences if he failed again next time. Hadley hid his face using his forearm, trying to look anywhere but me and I felt disrespected. I snarled, slashing his forearm and blood poured out, him crying out in pain as he stared at me with teary eyes. I looked at the covered in blood knife and looked upwards, seeing the shocked expression of no other than the gay, who he thought he lived in a damn fairy tale, Kieran Lars Lockwood. He was the kid I really hated. In fact, everybody hated him. For one, he was an orphan. Secondly, he was gay. Third, he deserved hell. Eyes glinting as I looked at him, I stood up, making sure the blood would not wet my clothes and pants, I grabbed his hand and placed the knife in his hands, making sure that he would clench it hard until the blood poured out. Sadly, that didn't happen, because when before that happened, my dick of a bestfriend showed up, who was the Great Alpha, Cloud Alistair Lylson.

He asked us what was going on, and his eyes met Kieran's, who cowered in fear as he gazed at the Great Alpha's eyes. To be honest, I really didn't mean to blame everything on him, but it just so happened that I happened to be a dick so I put the knife in his hand. But what's done was done, and I had to play my role; to be a dick even more. So when no one answered, and Cloud seethed at everyone, snarling for someone to tell him what really happened, I pointed at Kieran, blaming all on him. Cloud made his way over to Kieran and asked him what was his problem, which made me smirk when he looked down on his feet, suddenly interested on looking at the ground as if he wasn't just ogling the Great Alpha, my bestfriend, few seconds ago. Cloud punished Kieran by locking him up in a dark and full of dust room for four days. For a moment, I felt sad but I pushed the emotion away, telling myself that Kieran deserved hell and everything negative.

Four days ago, when Kieran was already freed from his punishment, he walked past us and everybody was looking at him with judgemental eyes and thoughts, making him bow his head in shame. The gang, which was consisted of the my bestfriend Cloud, Marcus, and I were snickering at his state. It looked like four trucks had run over him. We tried to conceal our snickering with a poker face, but unfortunately, Marcus being a dick he was, he burst out laughing, commenting weakling to Kieran as he walked past by us, loud enough for him to hear. As he always did, Kieran ran into the wilderness, not bothering to give us a look as he ran deeper into the wilderness.

The next day, it was the Great Alpha's birthday; the day where Cloud would meet his mate, and all day, he was so excited to meet his mate. The whole day, he was telling Marcus and I how excited he was to see his mate; what would she look like; what would be her features; to the point where I got really annoyed and just scowled at him. Of course, Cloud, being an asshole he was, just brushed it off with his hand and continued to torture Marcus by telling him about his mate and all. So I spared myself and went outside. Everything had been prepared already, and when the night came, Cloud would be able to meet his mate. I wondered who would be my mate.