84. A tale

Song: Cry me a river - Justin Timberlake

"So you want me to tell you something about myself? I don't have anything to say. Even if I did, you'd be wrong to believe me. Trust is a lie. Nobody ever knows anyone." Nathan Scott One Tree Hill.

10 Million Reads Aug 29th this all feels like a really good dream! Thank you for giving me 10million reads! ❤

***
"May I come in?" He asks no smile on his face yet his face holding no sign of malice. If I was to describe it in one word it'd be expressionless.

Should I let him in? If he is here he must already know about Lexis and I right?

"May I come in?" He asks again.

        No need to fret Hera, he can't know about the wedding and even if he does, slamming the door on him is not the best option to get rid of him and make sure he doesn't ruin this. With trembling hands I move back allowing him entrance. He walks in and glances around the room.

"Have a seat," I say pointing to my swivel chair. Not wanting to be rude because regardless of his wrongs he is still Lexis' dad. He takes a seat and holds his hands in front of him, fingers intertwined with his thumbs tapping against each other.

"May I ask, why you're here?" I ask voice unsteady.

"What time is the wedding?" He asks causing me to stagger in shock.

"How..." I start.

"Every cent Alexander has is mine. Did you really think you could marry my son with my money without my finding out? Are you really that stupid?" He asks, making me realize just how stupid we were. Every cent Lexis spent on this wedding was his dad's. On my dress alone, he had spent 1.5 million dollars not to mention the cost for the other expenses. With that sort of money leaving his account, eyebrows must have been raised that most likely alerted Peter.

"Are you...are you here to stop us?" I ask my voice filled with fear and worry.

"Stop you? It depends on how you look at it," He says confusing me into silence.

"I'm not here to threaten you, I tried that and it lead to a marriage so instead I am here to talk to you, the decision of whether you leave or stay will be fully up to you," He says gesturing to me.

       He wants to talk to me and let me decide on whether to stay or leave? He really wasn't going to give more threats?

"You...you're really not here to threaten me?" I ask.

"No I am not, meeting with your biological dad has..." He starts.

"You met Jake?" I ask interrupting him now even more scared. What had the two cooked up? Two evil fathers with a common goal in one room, the thought alone was terrifying.

"I did, after which I realized I have been approaching this the wrong way, I don't need to lift a finger to make you leave Alexander, that is if you truly love him," He says

"I love him," I say.

He shakes his head slowly.

"Do you know why I can never let you be with my sons?" He asks.

"I never realized this before, maybe I did but tried to deny it or maybe that's why I dislike you even more strongly, but looking at you now it's clear and probably why my sons are drawn to you," He says.

"Why?" I ask curious.

" You're like her," He says.

"Her?" I ask confused.