5

The car ride back to the city was quiet. I wasn't sure if Giovanni had intended to show me that much of his personal life, but I was glad he did. I loved his parents. I loved that they weren't afraid to show Gio that they loved him. I wondered if they knew he worked for Lorenzo or if they thought he was part of some legitimate business.

Giovanni's building was much newer than mine. It wasn't the tallest on Nob Hill, but it was the best positioned. I was sure there were some amazing views on the top floors.

The lobby was all marble floors and walls with glass and gold accents. Sculptures and paintings were placed throughout. I wasn't one for artwork, but I could tell it was probably expensive. A large fountain was the centerpiece. Off to the side I saw a security desk with three men behind it. One of them waved to Giovanni as we headed to the giant elevator. There was even an elevator attendant that selected Giovanni's floor.

I knew the place wasn't cheap. These were multi million dollar condos. I didn't know how the hell he could afford to live here and maybe it was better if I didn't. Maybe he was right on that front. As long as he wasn't killing or hurting people, I didn't know that I cared what he did.

We reached the top floor and left the elevator. He hadn't said much since we left Alameda, but that was Giovanni. Forever stoic.

He unlocked the front door and motioned me inside. I was instantly blown away by how stunning the views were. The entire back of the condo was giant floor to ceiling windows. To my left was a state of the art kitchen. All appliances were stainless steel and looked brand new.

"This is where you live?" I asked.

He tossed his keys in a bowl on the granite island. "Yes. Why?"

"This place is amazing."

He glanced around and nodded. "Thanks. Come on."

He led me upstairs and down a long hallway to a bedroom. The bedroom had the same floor to ceiling windows and featured a seating area near the colossal bed.

"Bathroom is through there. You can shower."

"I didn't bring any clothes," I reminded.

"Who said I wanted you dressed?"

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't stop the laugh that escaped my lips. He smirked and disappeared into the closet. I glanced around at the light colors he used to decorate. Tan and white seemed to be the focus. I expected him to be more partial to deep, dark colors because of his personality. There were all sorts of things he was surprising me with.

Giovanni came out with a pair of his mesh shorts and a large white t-shirt in hand. He had left his jacket off exposing the swell of his biceps and instantly turned my mind to a puddle. He just had a way of doing that. I had never been one to swoon over a man's body, but Gio was the whole package. He was handsome, had the perfect body, was amazing in bed, and I was starting to find personality traits I didn't know he was capable of possessing. I almost hated that he was revealing how great he was.

Mafia.

I had to remind myself that whatever he did to earn this impressive home was illegal. I could never tell my parents what he did and they would sure as hell ask. I wondered if he expected to meet my parents soon or if he even cared.

"What?" He asked.

I shook my head and turned to go into the bathroom. If I stood there a moment longer I was going to invite him in with me. Not that it would have been a bad thing, but I needed to actually get clean and get some sleep before doing anything physical.