Chapter 19

Hey guys. Not my best chapter but it's about to get good after this chap! Hope you enjoy, thanks so much for reading this!

Jennifer's POV -

The following day, I can't seem to focus on anything other than Draco, which is the exact opposite of what I had originally been planning to do.

I still have so many questions for him, and last night just gave me more. However, I've unwillingly accepted the fact that they'll most likely never be answered, which is a slight disappointment.

Draco avoids my eyes the entire day, which sort of makes sense, when you weigh in the fact that he basically told me he wanted nothing to do with me anymore.

By 8:00 that night, I've completely accepted the fact that I will not be speaking with him again, unless it is 100% necessary.

Part of me is still wishing he would want to talk to me as much as I secretly want to him, but I know he doesn't. Which I don't want to believe is true, but honestly, I have to. It's necessary.

A few hours later, the dark common room is empty, and I'm glad to be completely alone, curled up on the couch with a book.

Suddenly, I feel the couch sink down next to me, and an all too familiar voice whispers, "We need to talk."

I close my book a little more violently than necessary, and rest my head against the cover. "What the hell." I breathe softly.

"What?" Draco asks, and I turn my head towards him, praying to God that he's joking.

"You're kidding, right?" I say in disbelief, but the dumbfounded look on his face does not change. "You told me to leave you alone not even 24 hours ago, and now, you want to talk?"

The mental struggle taking place within him is evident on his features, and I sigh impatiently. "Please, just leave me alone."

"No." He finally says, and I can't help but notice the way that he inches closer to me.

"Did I not make myself clear enough the first time?" I say after a few moments in which he remains still.

"No, you did, but I'm not going. We're doing this, now."

"I don't get it." I say, before he can continue talking. He stares at me, expressionless. "You said you didn't want to talk to me, but now you refuse to stop."

His hand flies to my shoulder, almost instinctively, but he quickly removes it after realizing what he's done. I try to ignore my pounding heart. "You don't get it." He pleads.

"I think I do." I say, standing up and brushing off my robes. He jumps to his feet.

"We're not done here." He says, an undeniable harshness lingering on his words.

"Really? I thought you were done last night." I spit. I can hear the venom in my own voice.

"No-we need to talk-"

"See, that's the thing. You pretend to care, you pretend that you, I don't know, like me, and then you turn it around on me at the last second, and I can't stand it anymore!" The words flow out of me in a jumbled mess, it feels like I have been waiting to say them for an eternity.