1 | one

mikey

+
-
+
-

the pile of clothes in my arms are overflowing.

with rich, uncaring parents; i tend to spend money a lot. and i mean, a lot.

i happen to spend a lot of my time shopping in stores such as brandy melville, american apparel, --the store i'm in now-- and others. my cute heels click against the tiles of the marble ground as i walk to the back to find the changing rooms.

"can i try this on please?" i ask the girl standing at the back counter, dropping all the clothes on the counter which makes a clunk noise.

"all of it?" she asks obnoxiously, smacking on her gum.

"no bitch, i just want to try one." i roll my eyes, resting my hands on my hips sassily. "that's obviously why i put them all on the counter."

her nostrils flare at me; she looks absolutely furious. her blue veins pop out on her forehead. she looks like she wants to tell me off but she obviously can't because i'm a customer.

"there's a free changing room in the very back, use that one." she sneers, pointing far down the back.

i walk way down the hall, passing a lot of vacant changing rooms. i'm doubtful of why the girl would send me all the way back here when they're other rooms closer to the front. i decide not to disobey her orders just in case that gets me thrown out the store.

my legs feel sore and i'm hardly half way there. i realize that the girl probably only sent me back here out of spite. she expected me to get tired.

i finally reach the end and enter the changing room. i drop the pile of clothes onto the ground and pick up the first object of clothes that catches my eye.

it's a pretty pink skater skirt.

i sigh and look down at my thin body. slowly, i shimmy the black skirt i'm currently wearing off my body. i kick my pumps off and massage the bottoms of feet to soothe the numbness.

i bend over again to pick up the skirt i dropped.

but just as i raise my ass into the air, i hear the door of my changing room swing open.

i scream and out of fear, i drop the skirt again. i spin around and i see a boy around twenty standing there, covering his eyes. he has disheveled blond hair and perfect porcelain skin.

"oh fuck i'm so sorry!" i hear his angelic voice scream.

i scream even louder when i notice how attractive he actually is. i stumble over and i crash to the ground, hitting my head against the wall painfully.

i don't even check to see if i'm okay, i simply find my black skirt and shove it back onto my body. i pray that this boy didn't see my pink panties but from the flaming blush on his cheeks, i'm almost positive that he did.

"i'm so sorry," he repeats, his bright blue eyes peeking from behind his long nimble fingers.

"it's alright," i say, feeling stunned.

he offers me a hand up and i gratefully take it. i massage the bump forming on my head from where i slammed it into a wall seconds previous.

"you know andrea? the girl in the front? she's my best friend's girlfriend and i was just picking her up because she had no ride. she just asked me if i could grab her things from the very back and i figured that it would be in here since no one would use this changing room. i'm genuinely sorry. it's just that the door wasn't locked and i honestly thought it was empty." the blond haired boy explains, continuing to apologize.

"no worries. i can tell that it was an accident, i'm not mad. it's really my fault for not locking the door in the first place," i blush, scratching the back of my neck.

there's something about this beautiful's blue eyes that make me squirm. maybe it's the way they reflect the light so well that the light is practically dancing in his eyes. i love the fact that he's so tall and awkward. he seems so perfect.

"lukey? it turns out i had my bag on me all along, whoops. let's go honey," the bitchy girl from the front strolls up and taps luke on the back.

luke frowns at her but still walks after her anyways. he swings his keys around his long finger and turns around to smile at me cutely.

"i'm sorry again, i really hope that i haven't ruined your day." luke says, his calming voice echoing down the corridor.

i smile as he walks further and further away.

it upsets me to know that i'll probably never see him again after this day.