Chapter Four- Frenemies

Once Fox and I had walked well away from the three football dudes we sat on a bench near a tall oak tree. "We probably won't stay out here for too long, i mean, that-" she gestured to a dark cloud close by "Doesn't seem too promising," I nodded my head in agreement. I didn't have much in mind to talk about so I waited for Fox to speak. After a short while she began "So, Kate, what's it like being roommates with Strawberry Lace?" She let out a short laugh and adjusted on the bench closer to me, closing the larger distance that we had between us. "Um...Victoria sure is something," Fox smiled and nodded. I was still wondering how Victoria and Fox knew eachother, and furthermore, what had Fox done to get Victoria on her bad side. Probably nothing, as is the case with Victoria Lace, she had a thing for creating a big situation out of absolutely nothing. "She sure is," Fox said after a while, taking me out of my thoughts, and then I felt a raindrop on the back of my neck. "We should probably go," When Fox smiled a crease formed between her eyebrows, she stood up as did I and we began to walk back to our dorms. 

"I'll see you around, Kate. Have a nice evening with...well, try to have a nice evening," She corrected herself and began to walk away.

I laughed lightly "Yep, you too," When I got into my dorm room (Thank goodness for the spare key I was given when I first got here, I almost forgot about that) Victoria was sitting on her bed playing with her bracelet, I would have spoken to her but I was too tired to, so I went to my own bed and proceeded to check my phone. "Tut,tut,tut," Victoria said from her bed, I wasn't sure who she was talking to but her eye contact with me when I looked up confirmed that. I shrugged at her. "Oh, don't give me that. Were you raised properly...? No, probably not,"well she had no problem trying to offend people it seemed.

"Oh.. what the f- flying donkeys, Victoria?" I could have laughed at how random that sounded.

"How cute, she doesn't want to swear. Anyways, you can't just enter a room and not talk to me," she stated, her eyes turning towards the floor and then back to me. 

I wanted to say 'Watch me' or something witty, but I just remained silent, she was probably right. I mean, we were roommates and we definitely weren't the best two to be picked to be roommates, but I should at least try to fraternize with my dorm room enemy. 

"So Kate-" she finally called me by my first name, slow progress I guess. "Are you going to talk to me or not?"

"I've elected to go with the or not option," she raised an eyebrow.

Victoria shook her head in disbelief. "You act like a child,"

"I'm not the only one," I replied and went back to looking at my phone, after some moments passed I looked back up to see Victoria looking at me, her cheeks flushed before she pinched the bridge of her nose, as she seems to do frequently, and met my gaze with those cold eyes I knew too well. "I would give up, but you haven't given me adequate reason to, also, I stole your jumper," Oh, the pettiness. 

"Well I'm flattered," Victoria gave me a look of confusion and I smiled "That you think I have such a good sense of fashion that you're sneaking around the dorm looking at my stuff,"

Victoria flushed again, well this was a new kind of fun. "Cut it out, Greene, listen. Firstly, that jumper was the least ugly thing out of your clothing and it looked better on me than it could ever look on you, also, you forget who my father is... don't get cocky with me," Oh right, 'Victoria's father this... Victoria's father that' Just because he was head of some kind of prestigious company, Victoria felt dropping his name in any conversation would stir up fear iin whoever she was communicating with. But unfortunately for her, I wasn't going to give up anymore. I would find out the truth about Victoria Lace, one way or another.

"I just...tried to be nice to you and you ruined it," Victoria muttered and folded her arms together, she turned so she was facing the wall at the end of the bed and stared at it, maybe she was less bored doing that than trying to talk to me. Ouch, that kind of hurt to think about. "I'm going out," she said after a while, the wall-staring-at must have mamde her bored too. 

"Victoria, no, come on, it's raining,"

"Like you actually care," 

Ouch, again. "Of course I do, I'm not a mean person, Victoria, or at least I try not to be,"but some people try to be, don't they, Victoria?

"Okay, fine. I'll stay, I'm going to read. Just... do whatever you do," 

I went to the bathroom, washed my face, and decided to change into my pyjamas, because they were way more comfortable than my current attire, and because it was a chance to get Victoria to alk to me again. 'It's 6pm, Kate (she would probably use some kind of nickname that she had made up for me instead), what are you even doing wearing those?'

I left the bathroom and put my clothes into my dry cleaning bag, I knew I needed to get that sorted soon. "Hmm, sleeping already?" Victoria asked, I turned to her to reply but she put her book down and got up off the bed, "I'm going out, it's letting up," she pointed towards the window, so I could see it wasn't raining anymore. 

"Going out to do what exactly?" I asked, curiosity getting the better of me, she would probably be annoyed that I was asking her something or 'getting up in her business' 

"It doesn't matter Bible Nancy, but I'm going out to smoke, you could join me...but I'm sure you wouldn't want to,"

I gestured to my outfit. "Right, have fun sleeping then, I'll see you in about six hours," and with that my dorm 'frenemy' left the room, and I was left to contemplate life.