FIVE

"I watched it all in my head, perfect sense.
Don't take me from my bed, leave everything that is worth a single cent and just take me instead."

***

    WALKING INTO the familiar dining room, Draco's hold on Alice's hand grew tighter as they approached the two seats beside the Dark Lord

WALKING INTO the familiar dining room, Draco's hold on Alice's hand grew tighter as they approached the two seats beside the Dark Lord. The long black table blended in with the dark wooded flooring, the only light shining was from the few floating candles. The atmosphere was already tense, the temperature cold and uninviting.

"Ah, Draco, Alice, right on time." The snakelike man, smiled, gesturing to the seats beside him. "Sit, sit."

Draco took the seat closer to Voldemort for caution, but didn't release the hold on Alice's hand. "Mother said you wanted us, something important?"

Voldemort smirked, his eyes hinting amusement at the two innocent teens in front of him.

"You are to become Death Eaters. Your parents are already aware of this," Voldemort stood from his seat walking around the two.

"I will give you your first and most important task a week prior to your return at Hogwarts. Do I make myself clear?"

The two could only nod at a loss for words.

"Such a pretty girl," Voldemort mused running his hand down the side of Alice's face as she internally shuttered. Draco wanted to yell at him, tell him if he touched her again he'd kill him, but he knew it was out of place.

Voldemort ordered the two to stand up, gripping Alice's left arm in his hand he pulled the girl away from Draco.

"I'm going to give you the Dark Mark now, something I give to my most loyal followers."

Holding his wand to Alice's left forearm he began to mutter under his breath while Alice closed her eyes. She wanted to cry, scream, and even run away, but she was in too much pain to do anything other than stand before the Dark Lord.

After ten grueling minutes, both Draco and Alice had received Dark Marks, and ended their meeting with Lord Voldemort. The man had proceeded to go to Lucius' study, meaning he wouldn't be leaving any time soon.

Walking out of the dining room, the two stood in silence.

"Well," Gemma asked coming towards the two. "How'd it go?"

Alice looked at her mother in rage, "You knew, you bloody knew and you let me go in there. Your own daughter. I'll never forgive you for this, ever."

Running up the stairs to her room, Alice slammed the door when she got inside, the sound echoing throughout the house. Gemma sighed, she knew it would end up like this, if only her husband were here to console their daughter like usual.

Draco cleared his throat, "I-Uh, I'll go check on her."

Nodding Narcissa watched as her son quickly went up the stairs to go console the girl. His footsteps echoed through the Roth hall, an awkward silence forming at his absence.

Bellatrix couldn't help but laugh, "Could've been worse, aye Sissy?"

Narcissa solemnly nodding, knowing well that it couldn't have been worse, looking at Gemma.

    "Could've been worse."

Crying into the mound of pillows that lay on her bed, Alice began to hyperventilate. Something that rarely happened, but she was hyperventilating nonetheless. The tears streamed and her breathing became jagged as she looked at the dark mark covering her once bare forearm.

    'What a great birthday,' She thought.

Draco entered the room, shutting the door behind him before rushing to Alice's side. He sat beside her rubbing her arm gently as she cried and cried.

"Oh Merlin," He muttered under his breath, "Breathe in and out slowly, Al, you're okay."

After a few minutes of getting Alice to calm down, Draco took the brunette into his arms, his cologne distracting her. She placed her hand on his chest, feeling the warmth of his body radiating through his shirt.

"You smell nice," She broke the silence as Draco rose his eyebrows.

"With everything that just happened, the first thing you say is 'you smell nice,' are you mad?"

Laughing to diffuse the tension, Alice grabbed Draco's hand, studying his bitten and picked at finger nails. She knew it was a habit he'd always had, but she didn't notice it for a while. It made her cringe a bit, but it was a habit he would never be able to break.

"You do smell nice, though, like vanilla and ivory." Draco smiled lacing his fingers with hers. "I've always thought you smell nice."

Laying down beside one another, they lay in a comfortable silence, not wanting to divulge on what had just happened. The radio was faintly playing in the background as they stared at the black ceiling. Being cooped up in such a depressingly decorate home definitely wouldn't help brighten their mood.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you when he touched you," Draco apologized turning to face her as she closed her eyes. "I-I wanted to kill him, but I don't think he would've taken that well."

Alice smiled turning towards the boy beside her, "I didn't expect you to do anything Draco, he could've killed both of us if he wanted to."

Nodding they continued to lay in silence, Draco admiring Alice's beauty from beside her. Tear marks remained on her face so he lightly wiped them away with the sleeve of his shirt. He laughed when he noticed the mascara traces that remained.

"I might not mean it in a girlfriend way, at the moment anyways, but in a mate way, I love you." Alice said turning towards Draco.

Draco nodded, smiling, he didn't remove his gaze from her face. "I love you, too, Alice. Always."