xii. once upon a red moon

· 。゚☆: *.
COUNTING STARS
»»————- act one. young, wild & free
TWELVE━━ once upon a red moon

 young, wild & freeTWELVE━━ once upon a red moon

ᵒ .༄ ࿐ ࿔* ✨🌙💫
♯ ❝THOSE WHO WORRY SUFFER TWICE! ❞
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆

          AS ONCE SAID BEFORE, ANNABELLE WASN'T A FRIGHTFUL CHILD, QUITE CONTRARY SHE LIKED TO THINK SHE SEARCHED FOR ADVENTURE AND WANDERED INTO DANGER WITH CONFIDENCE, like a true Gryffindor would always manage to do no matter the odds. She was moulded to be brave, and she did pride herself in her courageous spirit. But even the so seemed fearless, were in fact not fearless. She did still scream when a spider suddenly popped up—creepy little buggers scared the pants off of her. And that one dodgy rollercoaster at the fair she rode wasn't that trustworthy—but the dark, the dark had never scared her.

     Why should it?

     The Black Lake seemed even darker than dark as she followed after her wandering cat in annoyance, a light drizzle was beginning to poor down from the sky, but even that did not stop her normal water-hating-cat from running further away from the castle.

    His orange fur the only help to spot him among the shadows of darkness that should scare any normal person.

    "Lumos." With a small flick, her wand lit up as she held it in front of her to help her guide herself down a steep slope. "Dot!" She called out after the Kneazle, more urgency in her voice as she began to feel more tired.

    Focusing on her footing for a moment, she made it safely down the slope, but when she looked up again, Dot had vanished in thin air. "Seriously." She grumbled. She paused, turning her head in all directions in the hopes of spotting her companion.

    For a moment, she thought she spotted movement in the forbidden forest—or more specifically a set of sparkling eyes staring at her.

    She looked up at the full moon. "The light is just tricking me." She mumbled, as a cold shiver ran up her spine from the cold, "Couldn't you choose a warm day to play hide and seek, Dot. Or daylight? Daylight would be nice!" She grumbled, wrapping her arms around herself, her school robes not sufficient enough to shelter her from the rain and frosty wind.

     Annabelle glanced back in the direction of the forbidden forest. It still felt like something was watching her. Every shadow looked like a scary creature ready to attack her. "Don't be silly, Annabelle. Nothing to be afraid of." Taking a deep breath she walked closer.

     She was about to step into the forest when a loud howl sounded through the night, eerily, and very close. Annabelle stiffed in her place, and for the first time in a long time, she felt fear course through her body like blood. As soon as the howl was heard, it was silent again, a deadly quiet, even the crickets had been silenced in fright. Annabelle's heart pounded in her chest in a rapid speed as she shrunk back and her hands started to tremble. She took in a shaky breath, feet staggering backwards as her eyes remained rooted ahead. She swallowed when the bushes to her right started to rustle and she slowly turned to face the moving greenery.