xiii. true friendship

· 。゚☆: *.
COUNTING STARS
»»————- act one. young, wild & free
THIRTEEN ━━ true friendship

 young, wild & freeTHIRTEEN ━━ true friendship

ᵒ .༄ ࿐ ࿔* ✨🌙💫
♯ ❝NOT MY SECRET TO TELL! ❞
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆

    REMUS JOHN LUPIN, IN ALL HIS FIFTEEN YEARS OF LIFE HAD NEVER FELT SUCH TERROR COURSING THROUGH HIS BODY AS WHEN HE WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING IN THE HOSPITAL WING, with the sight of McGonagall and Dumbledore in front of him. While he did get greeted by the Headmaster or his Head of House from time to time after nights of the full moon, he had never seen them both look so dejected.

    He felt his breath get caught in his throat, all kinds of scenarios playing through his head when he noted the confliction swirling in McGonagall's eyes. "Good morning Mr. Lupin." Dumbledore took action, azure blue robes swivelling after him as he went to stand next to the bed of the fifth year student.

     "Did I hurt someone?" He muttered fearfully, a tremor in his voice as he peered at the two adults, eyes momentarily flickering to Madam Pomfrey who was tending to someone behind a closed hospital curtain. "Please say I didn't hurt anyone."

     "Mr. Lupin." McGonagall began slowly, a pitiful smile on her face, "I sadly can't lie to you."

    Remus closed his eyes, tears brimming behind closed eyelids as he tried his best to keep his composure in front of them. "no, no—no."

    "Mr. Lupin, while what has occurred last night was a terrible twist of fate, I can assure you, the student is fine, and does not blame you for the scars she now bears." Dumbledore told him calmly, eyes twinkling with kindness. "She actually fought quite admirably for you to stay here with us at Hogwarts."

     Remus frowned, opening his mouth to ask more questions when a familiar voice interrupted him.

     "Remus? Are you awake? Are you alright?"

    Annabelle Rose, in all her glory stood in the middle of the Hospital Wing, her arm in a sling and hair as wild as a hippogriffs' nest. Her smile was tired, and her eyes a little less shiny as she regarded him.

     "Annabelle." He breathed out startled, shying away from her gaze as he pulled the duvet closer to his chin to hide the new scars displayed on his skin. "What are you doing here—" his eyes widened, realisation setting in when he look at her again. "It was you." He mutters, "I hurt you."

     "Hey, hey—hey Remus." Annabelle rushed out as the boy started to hyperventilate. She grasped his hands in hers, lowering her head to catch his gaze, "I'm here. I'm not mad." She assured him.