Chapter 21 ~ Congratulations

"So he was really fine when you found him? He didn't have any wounds or something like that? Was he crying? Do you think he realized that we were looking for him?" I rambled, my nerves getting stronger as we neared the house were Ash was currently held. I didn't know how he would react when he saw me. Was he angry I didn't come to look for him myself? If he was, how would I make it up to him?

"Calm down Matt, I'm sure he'll be happy to see you. Don't worry." Ethan said from beside me, his eyes straying to me and then back to the road again.

"Easy for you to say..." I muttered under my breath while I pictured Ash's annoyed face in my mind. He wouldn't be too angry now would he...? I sure hoped not...

Suddenly the house... no forgive me the mansion came into view and I nervously pulled my lip in between my teeth and started to chew at it. Ethan parked the car at the end of the lawn and I didn't even notice as he got out of the car until the door on my side was pulled open.

Ethan stared down at me for a second and then I was suddenly tugged out of the car by him pulling at my arm. When I was standing outside Ethan pushed the door closed behind me and the next second he had backed me up against the car.

My eyes widened just before his lips covered mine and I couldn't help the small sound that escaped me at the sudden feel of his body so close to mine. Ethan smirked against my lips and a second later he bit down on my lower lip and pulled back to stare down at me.

"Don't think so much about him. I'll get jealous." He stated and I could clearly detect the seriousness in his eyes even though his smirk was there in an attempt of hiding it.

"I wouldn't mind though..." I suddenly whispered and then I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down against me for yet another kiss.

Ethan let me take the lead this time and I didn't hesitate as I slipped my tongue out and licked at his lower lip, asking for entrance. Ethan hummed against me but a second later he slowly parted his lips to let me in. I took advantage of the offering and immediately deepened the kiss while moving closer to his warm body.

I let out a soft sigh as his scent registered in my mind and I could feel his tongue playfully battle with mine, a battle I would probably lose. I knew he was trying to get me to think of something else, preferably him, and I must say that it was working quite well.

When we pulled back for air I moved my arms to hug him instead and I buried my head against his chest with a satisfied sigh. He was really good at calming me down.

"Thank you." I said and I could feel Ethan laugh against me as he moved his own arms to pull me even closer to him.

"You're welcome, although it was mostly for my own peace of mind. I don't really enjoy watching you worry over another man like that. My wolf wants to kill him." He said and I could almost hear the growl at the end of his sentence.

Eh... wait what?

"You want to... kill him...? What the hell Ethan?! You can't do that!" I exclaimed, my eyes wide as I stared up at my mate. I could see him roll his eyes at my shock and I couldn't help but narrow my eyes at his unbothered expression.

"Yeah, yeah... I want to kill most people who even looks at you so it's not really something to get upset about." He answered and I could only stare at his calm face for a while before what he said finally sunk in.

"That's not healthy at all Ethan. You have to go to therapy or something." I stated, immediately feeling how his arms wrapped more tightly around me as he grinned down at me.