Thirteen

Lola was at Maeve's Diner with a bunch of people around her. She was excited and also completely soaking in nerves. All the football boys were there including Alexander as well as Scarlet, Reece and Matt. They were all sitting there talking with each other and of course she was just sitting there doing nothing.

Eventually it had to be her turn to go up and her name was called. Nervously she stood up and grabbed her guitar before walking along the grey tiled floor till she made it to the platform that was being used as a stage. She looked out at everybody before looking back down at her guitar and began playing.

*********

Alec arrived with everybody and sat down. He was nervous for his own little plan that he had. He met Lola's brother Matt which was the guy she was with on the field the other week and he also met her friends. It was somewhat obvious that they were more excited then she was but they were all very nice.

They'd all ordered food by the time Lola's name was called out. When her name was called out he knew that it was also his turn as well.

As Lola got up on the stage Alec stood up from his seat, earning odd looks from everybody but he quietly ignores it and walks over to the sound area that was hidden behind the platform. Once he got there he nervously asked for a microphone where the person there begrudgingly gave him one. His leg began twitching and he was breathing deeply as he listened to Lola's sweet voice singing. Her voice was like vocal courage to him and without even thinking he begins to sing into his mic and start walking to the curtain.

The sound of another voice coming through startled and confused Lola and she wrinkled her forehead as she continued singing but she ended up recognizing the voice. She wasn't the only one confused at the other, deeper voice, the audience was just as -if not more- confused than she was.

As she stood there singing she noticed a bit of movement out of the corner of her eye and she turns her body toward it and finally notices a person coming out onto the stage with her. What she didn't expect was to recognize the person.

Alec's eyes nervously locked with Lola's as he stepped out onto stage and his eyes didn't leave her's. He could tell she was surprised as he came out onto stage because her eyes widened which made some of his nerves turn into confidence and he smirked at her in response. His smirk received a smile from her as she had creases beside her eyes like she was excited that it was him that was singing with her.

"And when you're weak I'll be strong
I'm gonna keep holding on
Now don't you worry, it won't be long, Darling
And when you feel like hope is gone
Just run into my arms

I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one, I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away

I'm only one call away"

Neither of them looked away from each other as they sang and they both lost their nerves as they did so. By the end of the song they were just smiling stupidly at each other standing on stage as the audience started clapping.

Lola snaps out of the trance first and says a small 'thank you' into the mic before leading both herself and Alexander off the stage and behind the curtain where he appeared from. They both handed off their microphones to the sound person and without a second thought she looks at him wide eyed again.

"It's you?"

^^^^^^^^^

A/N: We should actually all be proud of me because there was essentially no dialogue in this chapter and I'll be honest, there was supposed to be. This chapter was actually supposed to be really long but I decided to not write the whole first half of this chapter which was basically Lola sitting in the diner waiting for everybody to show up and sitting there for a very long time nervously. I mean she kind of did that in this chapter but not as much as my outline had planned.

Here's the OG outline on the front and I pretty much cut out the first 2 parts and skipped along into a little bit of 3 but then the back of the page had so much more on it which was what I wrote

My outline is pretty crappy but who cares?

Xoxo