ELEVEN

"Another magical Friday night, I wonder what state you're in?"

***

    DRACO AND ALICE had arrived at Hogwarts several days ago and since then, had made little progress in the Room of Requirement

There were barely any students, but the pair had been too distracted by their flirting and suggestive glances towards one another, to actually get anything done.

As they sat in the Great Hall together, Draco had been making fun of one of the security guards causing Alice to laugh to her dismay.

"Look at him, looks like he's never seen a bath." Alice repeatedly told Draco to 'stop' because it was 'rude,' but he found her laughter too amusing.

"You know, I showed my mum that picture you got of my dad and she actually laughed." Draco laughed this time, "I'm pretty sure she hung it up in that corridor near my room."

The two were laughing, Alice knew it would be a great gift to break tension. Plus, his dad looked so out of place in the dim cell, that you couldn't help but laugh because you felt bad.

After they finished their lunch, they headed up to the Room of Requirement and decided to be productive by attempting to fix the vanishing cabinet.

In actuality, they were fixing the cabinet slowly as to not have to deal with the other task any time soon. They knew they didn't have a lot of time left, though.

-

By the time January had passed, Draco and Alice had spent more and more time worrying about completing their tasks.

Draco had neglected to do two transfiguration assignments earning a detention, something Alice never understood. She was just as petrified to go on with what was asked of them, but knew that failing her classes would do her no good.

As Alice sat at lunch with Holland gushing over what they were doing for Valentine's Day coming up, she noticed Draco walk into the Great Hall coming towards her, she smiled.

He glanced away from her towards a frazzled Katie Bell and Harry Potter, he hurriedly rushed out of the Great Hall, Harry hot on his trail.

Holland looked at Alice curiously, but all Alice could do was shrug. Alice quickly excused herself leaving the Great Hall, following the sounds of footsteps into the boys toilets.

"Sectumsempra," A familiar voice called as Alice rushed into the stalls.

"Oh my Merlin," She put a hand over he mouth rushing to Draco's side, he was bleeding profusely, but she didn't know any spell to heal him. "Draco, it's okay, you'll be okay."

She was crying at this point, holding his hand. "Someone help, please help- please."

In a matter of seconds her pleads for help had diminished as Professor Snape ran into the toilets, muttering a spell under his breath.

The blood began to vanish from Draco's shirt, but he still remained unconscious.

"Get out of here, Potter, we'll discuss this later." Snape spat at Harry as the boy hesitantly walked out of the stalls.

"Come Ms. Rowle, he must be taken to hospital." Nodding Alice helped Snape carry the frail boy to Madam Pomfrey.

-

By the time Draco had awoken it was already Valentine's Day. Alice lay by his bedside fast asleep when he woke up for the first time, he smiled down at the girl.

There was a box of chocolates and a wrapped box placed on the table beside him, looking at the clock he found that it was half past six in the morning. She had been here all night.

Unknown to Draco, Alice had missed two days worth of classes and had planned on making up all the work on the following day, Sunday.

Nudging the sleeping girl lightly, she lifted her head confused before smiling so hard it looked like it hurt.

"Draco," Her voice was scratchy from just waking up, but Draco thought it sounded lovely.

Sitting on the bed beside his body she quickly grabbed his face in her hands, placing a desperate kiss on his lips. Neither cared that they hadn't brushed their teeth, they were just happy to get to show affection towards one another again.

"I was so worried, Draco, how are you feeling?"

Draco shrugged, he felt a little light headed, but he figured it was from being around Alice. She always made him feel uneasy, a good uneasy, though.

"I'm alright," She nodded calling Madam Pomfrey over to check his vitals.

"You're ready to go whenever, Draco." Madam Pomfrey said, after checking on him. "Thank you for helping out, Ms. Rowle, your help was greatly appreciated."

Alice shrugged it off, she loved helping others, especially Draco. "It was really no matter, don't worry."

Handing Draco clothes she had gotten from his dormitory, thanks to Blaise, he changed before they headed down to the Great Hall for dinner.

Most people were down in Hogsmeade celebrating Valentine's Day at Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop, Alice didn't mind though. She knew Draco wasn't feeling up to doing anything.

Sitting beside him, she handed him the box of chocolates and gift she had gotten him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't have time to get you anything-"

Alice rolled her eyes, "Draco, don't even go there, you almost died. I can live without a bloody box of chocolates."

Laughing Draco gave her a kiss on her temple before opening the small gift box. Inside was a pinky ring with a 'D' engraved on it, the ring was a dark metal, which was very appealing to Draco.

He smiled putting it on his pinky, "Another to add to the collection, thanks doll."

Alice shrugged it off, she had gotten Cara a Valentine's Day gift because she was alone, so giving gifts was very nonchalant to Alice.

Looking around, Draco noticed Hermoine and Ron were alone at the Gryffindor table.

"Potter, has detention every Saturday with Snape until the term ends." Alice explained to Draco as he nodded, understanding.

Considering how happy the two were not even a week ago, it was weird to see them both so somber.

They knew the upcoming events wouldn't make anything any better.