one

Hoseok yawned and stretched his aching arms.

Three hours had gone by and he had been sitting in the same position, hunched over and typing up his thesis. The ache in his shoulder hadn't done enough convincing for him to finish up for the night, but the pounding headache which came back again made him rush to the library's washroom and puke in the toilet, convinced him enough to go back home.

He popped his pill inside his mouth and gulped down the water, gathering up his belongings and shrugging on his coat.

The library was practically empty at 10 PM and he thought for a second whether to check out a novel or two. But when his headache wouldn't subside, even after taking his medication, he wrapped his blue scarf around his neck and pushed open the doors, greeting the breeze.

The breeze ruffled through his hair, gently raising strands and rustling the leaves which were illuminated by the faint glow of the moon.

Tugging on his backpack, he walked along the sidewalk and started to head home where his parents would greet him.

He never felt the need to cry over useless events, heck he barely let himself be accustomed to the depression after hearing the doctor's news. So as Hoseok walks through the dead night, he lets himself become more alive.

He didn't feel as if he was dying, given if you ignore the headaches and vomits due to the tumour.

In fact, Hoseok felt as if he was given more life, more determination to successfully live out the next eleven months.

Even when death thinks it's taking me away, it's only leading me to the place I'll become alive once again.

It'll lead me to the sky, Hoseok thought, the sky that'll become my home, and me, the star, that'll become an entity for those who believe enough to wish upon me.

Hoseok sighed and buried his lips closer into his blue scarf, waiting for the signal of the pedestrian walkway to turn green.

'For those who believe enough to wish upon me.'

Yes, Hoseok liked the sound of that.

I'll become hope.

___

"You're gonna lose against me."

Jimin, Yoongi's close friend, remarked.

It was the perfect time for a race and with the grand money bet that was placed, he had to win. The air reeked of gasoline from churning cars and sweat.

The starting line was lit by the joyful screams of fellow fans that grew up watching the exciting racers. Males and females were going around and collecting the money from adrenalized bodies that screamed for entertainment.

Yoongi patted his red sports car with his leathered hand and smirked at Jimin.

"I've won against you before," Yoongi rolled back his shoulder, "and I'll win against you again, shorty."

The city was enlivened by the illegal race which was soon to be begun. Although this was illegal and dangerous, Yoongi and his fellow racers thrived to live this way. Amidst the smoke of the cigarettes and cars, money was all it ever mattered.

Yoongi opened the door and settled into the driver's seat, adjusting the overhead mirror. His vehicle sputtered but soon revved to life. He looked over to the driver in another car to his left and nodded at a gazing Jimin. The younger gave a subtle smile and turned back to his windshield.

Three other racers, besides Jimin and Yoongi, were participating. Although that was an usually large number for one race, the tattooed male bit his lip and relaxed as he checked his car's exhaust, sending various female, and male, sigh in infatuation.

A male chewing on a cigarette walked up to the start line with a red flag he clutched. He faced the eyes of the racers and hoped to whatever type of God that this race didn't end with police chasing.

He blew out the slow swirl of smoke and basked in the pleasure of the agitated amateurs. But there was one pair of intense eyes inside a shiny red car that he withheld a bit too long, curiously.

Triggered by the fire behind them, he raised the flag high and let the excited screams of fans fill the cold night of November.

Yoongi's feet hovered over the accelerator and as soon as he saw the red cloth dip downwards, he hit the peddle and set off.

The sound of the rising hum of the car made him grip the steering wheel and rise forward. Already, within the distance he'd set, Yoongi was second place.

The speed he was racing at was decent, but not fast enough to catch up to the car in front of him. The drone of the various other cars was decreasing as he raced forward and could practically taste the victory.

His vision blurred for a second, but when he blinked again, it was normal. He really shouldn't have drank half a bottle of alcohol, but even the two cigarettes wouldn't release him of the binding tension.

"You fucking need this money," he breathed to himself as he stepped on the pedal and lurched his car forward.

He was closing in on the driver and he could practically taste the victory which would greet him soon. Yoongi looked over at the driver and saluted to a frantic Jimin. Jimin's eyes widened at Yoongi and his confusion had held on for a second too long.

Because when Yoongi looked back at the front, witnessing the red traffic light, he felt the impact before he could see it.

He felt his neck snap forward and the airbag burst open as the car steered out of control and hit something. He heard the deafening sound of a body being hit and the ear splitting sound of metal screeching. He smelled the reeking of pure gasoline and the sweat which trickled down his forehead. He tasted the metallic taste in his mouth and bile in his throat.

The impact had destroyed the car. It had tore off the doors and ripped apart the engine and tossed away the wheels and ignited the gas tank, sending little flames licking the road beside the battered male.

He didn't know where he ended or started. His body was trapped between the door and the seat, halfway onto the road which streamed with blood.

The vision of Yoongi was giving out and the oxygen was slowing down to his gasping lungs. He stopped trying to move his forehead and touched the blood that stuck to his drowsy eyes.

The last thing he saw were the police sirens flashing,

and the body,

lying not too far from his car,

wrapped in a bloodied blue scarf.

___