chapter 1

"hun when are you ever gonna find a nice boy to love?" My grandma asked for the hundredth time this month.

"Grandma I told you already, there are no nice and decent boys in this town the last guy who was nice to me moved to San Francisco," I replied getting annoyed.

"But I hate seeing you alone the only friend you have is Katherine and she moved to Maine hunny you gotta find someone," she said trying again.

"Grandma I don't want to talk about this anymore can I just go to bed," I asked.

"Fine but we will talk about this more tomorrow," she said as I left.

"Whatever," I groaned. I took a quick shower and put on my clothes.

I did my hair in two French braids and went to bed.

"Lilac it's time for church get moving," I could hear my grandpa yell to me.

I groaned but got up and brushed my hair and put it into two French braids, brushed my teeth and got dressed.

I put on my dress and put a flower head band around my head and put on one inch black heels.

I did my makeup like usual and grabbed my phone and went to the kitchen.

"Good morning grandma," I said giving her a hug.

"Good morning dear," she replied back.

"Hey grandpa I need my allowance for shredding that big stack of paper," I said giving him a hug.

"Done here you go and thank you for that," he said handing me twenty dollars.

"Your welcome," I said back.

We all sat down and prayed before we dug into our food.

I had eggs, toast, and bacon and my grandpa's famous chocolate milk.

"Delicous as always grandpa," I said referring to the chocolate milk.

"Thank you and you are looking as beautiful as always," he said to me as he did everyday.

"Okay we have to go," grandma said as she headed for the door.

We all piled into my grandma's dodge journey.

"Oh yeah lilac I need you to knock on the next neighbors door we are having there kids come to church for craft day," my grandma said to me before we started the car.

"Ok," I said and hesitantly got out. I got to the door and rang the doorbell.

"Hi you must be lilac I'm Cindy McWilliams but you can call me Cindy," she said smiling and shaking my hand.

"Hi are they ready to go," I asked. "No but why don't you come in," she said and opened the door for me to come in.

"Thank you," I said smiling.

"So how long have you been with you grandparents," she asked as we sat on the couch.

"Not very long maybe about two months at the most," I replied to her smiling still.

"Oh wow that's awesome you should come to one of our get togethers we throw a party once a week with all our friends," she said trying to get the conversation started.

"That would be nice," I said but interrupted by a little girl around five coming into the living room.

"Hi I'm lexi," she said as soon as she saw me.

"Hi lexi I'm lilac," I said smiling at her.

"Mommy you have to get my breakfast," she said to her mother.