Chapter Seven- Drive

"So, Victoria, where are we going?" I asked, Victoria didnt reply until we were stopped by a red traffic light. "Shopping. I feel like I'm recycling outfits," 

"Really?" I blurted out. 

Victoria really was that stereotypical-blonde-highschool-rich-kid, but she had her moments when she acted okay towards me recently. Sometimes. If she felt up to being like that. 

"What about after we go shopping," I asked, the traffic light turned green once again and Victoria muttered "Questions, questions, questions," Victoria tapped her now slightly chipped silver nails on the steering wheel before turning left down the road that I recalled led to some fairly high-priced clothes shops. 

Victoria began to speak again "Lunch,maybe. Also, later I'm supposed to be going out with a friend," If she meant one of those dudes from Art class then sure, 'friend' , whatever you say Victoria. 

"You're welcome to join if you want to- actually...nevermind," Once we were stopped by another red light, Victoria hit the switch in her car to turn on some music, the song 'How To Be A Heartbreaker' came on, I let a small smile come to my lips, her taste in music certainly reflected her personality pretty well. But then I realised she probably just turned the music on to shut me out of her thoughts. Great. 

I debated what she had said about me joining her later. Hmm, go and third wheel...no thanks, but for some reason I told her I would think about it and thanked her for offering. I really needed to stop being so nice to her at some point. I knew that in the long run too much time with the ice queen could be destructive. It was then that my mobile buzzed, but luckily enough it wasn't a text from any concerned relatives, I think they had got bored of me not replying to their texts and some point, the name of the sender didn't appear, but I guessed who it was pretty well, also, the '-F' at the end of the message gave it away pretty well. 

Fox: Hey Greeny, whatcha doing? 

I didn't know whether to reply or not, I mean, it was hard enough to text on my mobile but with the car bumping as it moved along, it would be tricky. Before I could think about that any further, Victoria spoke up again "Who's that?" she looked towards my phone quickly before looking back up at the road. "Nobody..." I was a terrible liar, I didn't really need to hide it from Victoria but I knew she didn't seem to like Fox, so I kept it my texters identity down-low. 

"Oh sure," she raised an eyebrow at me, 

"Yep," I stated, please don't ask questions, please don't ask questions.

Victoria laughed lightly "So, Miss Kate here has gotten her text from nobody," 

"It honestly is just a class friend, homework stuff," that was a more reasonable lie. Good job, Kate.

"A class friend? Oh." she stated. Had she worked out who it was? I hoped not. 

The song finally changed on the radio to 'Wonderland', it felt as if time was going really slowly even though it had only been twenty minutes since we left the University, I guessed that time with the frenenmy sat next to me was just dragged out for my own slight sadness. 

Bored with looking out of my window and after I sent a quick message to Fox, that read: 

Kate- Fraternising with the enemy, send help. Hope you're having fun with whatever :)

I turned to Victoria. the sun had risen to the point in the sky that it was shined on Victoria and illuminated her in a way that made her hair look a  golden colour, I turned away before Victoria could notice me and consequentially say something in a sassy voice "Take a picture, it lasts longer,".I couldn't deny the fact that Victoria really did look something. She was a ten and I was a negative six on a good day. Self esteem points around pretty girls: 0, that was something that had never really progressed, unfortunately. I pushed my slight crush on Victoria to the side. Focus, you're just going shopping with her, (and then maybe lunch) this isn't the time to catch feelings or something else equally stupid.

Right. It didn't stop me from feeling a slight pang in my chest, but luckily I was distracted by my phone again as it buzzed 

Fox-Hey Katie, it's Margo 

Okay, let's make a slight edit. 

Margo: I heard you're hanging out with the roommate of hell, how's that? 

I began to text a reply back as quickly as the irritating 'press three times to get the letter you need' buttons  allowed, until I finished my message 

Kate: As well as can be expected, really. 

Margo: Have fun with...hang on, what's her name?

Kate: Victoria.

Margo: Right, tell Tori I said hi ;) 

Margo was seriously different than any person I had met before, well, there was one girl at high school who had a similar sense in fashion to her, and sense of humour, they had moved schools after a few weeks though, and by moved I mean kicked out.

"Greene," Victoria spoke, carrying me out of my metaphorical train of thought once again. I realised we were parked outside a clothes shop...in a spot that for anyone else, they would be given a parking ticket for, but I guessed that carrying the Lace name came with it's benefits, damn Victoria just didn't seem to care. She got out of her seat as I got out of mine, and strut towards the clothes shop, after she had put on her sunglasses. What a fashionista.  

Once we had entered the store Victoria was greeted by the shop owner "Hello, Miss Lace," also code for: give me all the money you got.

Victoria had stacked several amounts of clothing in my arms before she stopped dead in her tracks, "Shit," she muttered, she turned to me gesturing for me to move over behind a clothes stall with her. Wait, what? Was Victoria actually worried about something, this didn't seem right. 

"What is it Victoria?"

"That," She pointed towards a girl with long, perfectly straightened I may add, blonde hair and then continued to speak "Is Swan West," 

Victoria looked down at the ground and didn't say anything for a while, and I was left wondering what had happened for her to be acting so different, Victoria sure did seem to have her fair share of issues with people.