SIXTEEN

"You said you'd leave me and I'll forget, I'm more than one and I see how it fights. You thought you want me, but you just forget, you rolled in on, but not too far."

***

    IT WAS FINALLY the last week of term and Alice was the definition of stressed

    IT WAS FINALLY the last week of term and Alice was the definition of stressed. It was Monday, 26th of June, and immediately after breakfast, Alice would begin her N.E.W.T. examinations.

    Although all final exams for her classes were taken over a week ago, Alice had decided to be an overachiever and run through a practice N.E.W.T. examination.

    N.E.W.T.s are to be taken in a students seventh year, but because of Alice's extremely high marks, Professor Dumbledore was allowing the student to take the exam as practice for the following year.

    All her friends were extremely proud of her, Draco had even bought her a special quill from Hogsmeade to use.

    As the bells chimed, signaling the end of breakfast and the beginning of first classes, Draco slowly got up.

    Giving Alice a kiss, he smiled, "You'll do great, I know you will."

    Nodding Alice thanked him before bidding goodbye.

    She waited with the other seventh years against the back of the Great Hall as Professor McGonagall rearranged the tables with desks. Taking a seat towards the back, she patiently waited as McGonagall went over the instructions and limitations.

    "You may begin."

-

    The following day, Alice finished breakfast early, heading to her first class.

    Because Professor Dumbledore allowed her to miss her classes a day prior for the examinations, she figured being in early, would allow her more time to catch up.

    The students at Hogwarts weren't learning anything new, but attending classes was always mandatory their last week of term.

    "Ah, good morning Ms. Rowle, enjoy your practice N.E.W.T.s?" Professor Slughorn greeted the small girl, who had began working on the essay assigned a day prior.

    Alice sighed, "I didn't think they would be that hard, to be honest with you, Professor. Thank Merlin, I got a sense of what it's going to be like next year."

    Slughorn nodded, sitting beside the girl. "You know, Alice, you're a very, very intelligent student. Probably the smartest I've had since Tom- Tom Riddle. "