Chapter Six

A/N: I know, I know, I'm evil. That's why I got this one out as fast as I could. Hope you guys like. It's pretty heavy stuff but it needed to be written!

                                                                 ~ ~ ~

“How did you find me?” Isaac said softly.

“You weren’t anywhere else.” Scott replied.

“I didn’t think anyone would look here.”

“It’s your house.”

Isaac sighed. “Not really, not for long.”

Scott looked away, looking around the room and at anything other than Isaac as he urged the words out of his mouth. “Are you okay?” He said so softly that human ears might not have picked it up.

“What do you think Scott?” He said quietly, his teeth coming down hard on his bottom lip.

He sighed. “I’m sorry that you had to get caught up in the middle of this…”

“I’m not in the middle of this, I’m on the outside looking in to see if there’s still room for me to be there.”

“Well… I never wanted to hurt you.”

“By kissing Allison?” He said and Scott’s head shot up.

“How did you-”

“Does it matter? It’s true isn’t it?” He wasn’t yelling or crying, he was just speaking while trying not to let his voice crack.

Scott nodded. “Yeah… it’s true.”

Isaac nodded back, trying to force back his tears as he spoke. “And that you love her?”

Scott didn’t say anything but he didn’t have to, they both knew that it was the truth. He didn’t know what to say, he didn’t know how to start. “Isaac…”

“I already knew that you loved her Scott, I knew that before last night and before today… I’ve known it for a long time and don’t try to tell me that she’s not the reason you don’t want your mom to know about us or… or anything else. I know that part of you still wants her and if I’m honest I’ve just been waiting for you to come out with it and say that she wants you back.” A tear dropped down over his cheek and Scott couldn’t stand it.

“I’m sorry Isaac.” He took long strides over to him and dropped to his knees, brushing away his tears.

“Scott don’t…” He said, taking hold of Scott’s wrist but instead of pushing him away he held on to it tightly. “Did you mean it?”

“What? Did I mean what?” He asked, one hand cupping Isaac’s face and the other holding tightly to his shoulder.