Chapter 6

Chapter 6-

Chapter 6
-

Kayla and Klaus hid in the shadows at a house in Tennessee. When Kayla had first woken up, she was sitting in the backseat of a car with ripper Stefan.

Klaus had been knocking her out so she wouldn't try to kill people, or get herself hurt, but finally decided to let her to wake up.

Now they were trying to find a werewolf pack with Klaus. One task Kayla though was a waste of perfectly good time. She kept thinking about Elijah, Klaus had once again daggered someone who loved him.

"Rudy. Rudy! Come on. It's too hot to make me come looking for you." a girl yelled as she stood in the doorway. She turned around and jumped as Klaus and Kayla appeared on the porch.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Klaus said in a fake American accent, making Kayla cringe.

"Can I help you?" the girl asked.

"Yeah, our, uh, our car ran out of gas a couple miles back. I feel like we've been walking forever. Yours is the first house I'd come to, so we were just hoping we could use your phone." Klaus replied.

"Don't you have a cell phone?" the girl asked sassily.

"Heh. Yeah. Battery died. Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer. I just want to use your phone." Klaus said, trying to be sincere.

Kayla couldn't help but cut in. "He's an idiot and forgot a charger." she said smiling.

"Sure." the girl said wearily.

"So... we can come in?" Kayla asked getting annoyed.

"No. I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you." the girl said, smiling nervously.

"I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting." Klaus said losing the accent, anger shown on his face.

"I'm from Florida." the girl says nonchalantly.

"Well, that explains it." Kayla said as she rolled her eyes.

Klaus grabbed her throat and looked deeply into her eyes. "Now show me a little Southern hospitality... Sweet pea." Klaus compelled her.

Kayla really wanted to stay and watch, but everytime Klaus would get a lead, he would send her to the car. "Go on sweetheart."

Kayla rolled  her eyes and huffed as she started walking.

"You know, you could just leave." Kol suggests. "I don't want you to stay with him anymore, its already been a few months."