Chapter 16

Luna. (before she runs to Kol)

I looked at Elena who looked at me, then looked at Alaric. Alaric then looked at Jeremy and Jeremy looked at me. I looked back down at the pasta that Ric had cooked sitting in front of me. I let out a sigh and dropped my fork, standing up. Before I could pick up my plate to put the food in the bin Elena had begun to speak.

"No, Luna. Eat it." I looked at her with narrowed eyes, annoyed at her. She knew I didn't want to see Jeremy and she was making me stay. "Please, you didn't eat breakfast or lunch today." She begged and I sighed, glancing at Alaric slightly who just nodded, encouraging me to sit down and continue eating.

I sat down quietly and picked up my fork again, shoving a piece of the pasta into my mouth. Silence overtook the table again until Ric spoke. "So what happened in school today." I dropped my fork at his words and Elena glared at Ric, hitting her forehead with her hand at his words. "oh? OH SHIT.. uhm I mean, how is everyone enjoying dinner?" He smiled weakly and I picked up my fork again.

I didn't want to remember my fight with Jeremy -or anything after it, including a certain original- it was stupid. I had yelled at him for nothing and he yelled back at me, over nothing. I sighed slightly and rubbed my eye, glancing slightly as Jeremy who was forcefully shoving his fork into the bowl of pasta, creating an annoying screeching noise as he did so. 

It continued for a few more seconds before I decided to speak up. "Could you stop that?!" I spoke, surprising myself at my tone as all three looked at me, also seemingly surprised. "Please." I added onto the end and looked back down at the food, picking up some and eating it, avoiding eye contact with the three at the table.

"You know what?" I heard Jeremy speak from beside me with an annoyed tone before the horrific screeching noise rang through the air once more. I looked at him and he glared back at me. I looked at his eyes, seeing nothing but anger and annoyance in them. What had I done to upset him now? I tried to be nice about it.

"Jeremy." Elena spoke with a warning tone but I kept my eyes glued on Jeremy, him copying my actions.

"No, Elena. Let me speak." He spoke, throwing his fork down, creating a clanging noise. I flinched slightly at this. "I've had enough of you and your damn complaining!" He suddenly yelled, glaring at me from across the table. At his words I glanced down, not being able to handle his intense stare. "Exactly!" he yelled with a growl and I heard his chair screech as he stood up quickly.

"Jeremy." This time it was Alaric with the warning tone, and Alaric wasn't the one to be 'warning.'

"LET ME SPEAK!" He burst and I looked at him with watery eyes, his tone scaring me. "YOU ARE IN OUR HOUSE, NOT YOURS, YOU KNOW WHY? CAUSE YOUR DAMN STUPID SELF COULD GET YOUR MOTHER KILLED." My mouth dropped at this, my eyes watering more, taking all my strength to hold the tears in. "I BET SHE WISHES SHE DIED WITH YOUR DAD SO SHE DIDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOU!"

"JEREMY!" Both Elena and Alaric yelled as Jeremy picked up his plate, slamming it onto the table, causing it to shatter, one piece of it hitting me in the leg as I stood up to yell back at him. I whimpered at the pain and looked down at my leg, pulling the shard from my leg and throwing it back onto the table, my blood covering most of it.

"Luna.." Jeremy's tone softened as he realised what he had done and I just glared at him.

We stood there for a second, him looking at me with sympathy and me glaring back at him. Elena and Alaric sat quietly on the edges of their seats, ready to step in if anything happened. I felt a tear roll down my cheek but I just ignored it, turning around on my heel and storming out of the house. "LUNA!"

"Leave her, Jeremy. You've done enough." I heard Alaric speak with a disappointed tone as I ran out from the house, not feeling the pain in my leg as I ran to the only place I could think of - the Mystic Grill. I knew either Matt or Damon would be there and let me crash at their place. I felt tears stream down my face as I ignored everyone's stares and questions if I was okay.

As I reached the door of the Grill, I noticed a familiar figure walking in the opposite direction. I ran after him for a second and noticed him slow down, obviously hearing my footsteps. "Kol!" I called out, hearing my voice crack as he turned around, surprise filling his face as I ran into his arms. I don't know why I had run to him for help but I felt safe in his arms. I felt him stroke my hair slightly as I cried into him for the second time today.

I felt him tighten his arms around me as I tightened my grip on his shirt. I let my tears fall freely as I hugged him tightly. I felt him rest his chin on the top of my head, as sobs raked through my body, causing her to shake in his arms. I felt a slight weight on my arms, noticing he had placed on his jacket on me.

I pulled myself from his arms slightly and slid my arms into the jacket. "This is the second time i've come running into your arms." I spoke, laughing slightly as I sniffed and wiped the tears from under my eyes. I glanced at him and my slight smile fell as I noticed the blood that was covering his shirt. "What happened to your shirt?" I asked softly and he looked down.

"It's mine. Got in a fight with Nik." He told me and I nodded lightly, my shoulders relaxing at his answer. "Enough about me.. why are you upset?" He asked me and I looked up at him, smiling weakly as I sniffed, trying to keep my tears from spilling out. "Tell me."

"It's Jeremy." I told him softly and he nodded, leading my to a small bench. He sat down and patted the spot beside him. I sat beside him and he wrapped his arm around my, attempting to stop my shivering. I explained to him what had happened and he glanced at my leg after hearing that I had been hurt. 

"Do you need my blood?" He asked with a soft voice and I just shook my head softly with a smile, appreciating how patient he was being with me. "Are you sure?" He asked again, lifting his wrist to his mouth slightly. I reached out to him and wrapped my fingers around his wrist, pulling it towards me with a shake of my head. "Okay.. come with me."

He stood up and held his hands out for me. I looked at his hands for a second before slipping my small hands into his larger ones, feeling him interlock his fingers with mine as he pulled me up and lifted me into his arms. I gave him a questioning look and he smiled, staring at me. I stared back and when I blinked again, I noticed we were now outside of his house. How did I not even notice that?

"Come on, you can stay here for tonight until you sort out what is going to happen with you and," He paused and I thought he couldn't remember Jeremy's name when he spoke again. "Him" I nodded, feeling safe with him as he opened the door to him house and he dropped me to the ground, my landing on my feet, and linked his fingers with mine again, leading me inside.

"Kol, Have you returned to apologi-" I heard Klaus shout, cutting himself off when he looked to me. "Oh.., hello."

________________________________

jeremy is such a bitch omg

kol is so cute in this lmao.