Chapter 54

"Why on earth did you bring me here at this time." I said folding my hands over my chest tiredly and leaning back against the tree stump.
Even though soaking wet and freezing I was still sleepy. Which was kinda beyond me, that sudden burst of liquid on me should have knocked all the sleep out of me.
I guess I was just really tired.

We didn't get much sleep the night before. My wolf said suggestively.

Remove that smug tone from your voice at once!

It's true though.

Come to think of it, he carried me all the way out here, and I didn't stir or wake up, not even once? That's too deep of a sleep.

What happened to all your wolf senses? We could have been in danger.
But we weren't. Our mate was with us. She purred obviously feeling content.

I rolled my eyes at her.

"Training." Is all he said bringing me back to the issue at hand.

I shook my head and wondered if I had heard correctly.

First of all I don't rember the last time I went for training and isn't training done with the rest of the pack? Cause we're alone right now.
And also I really wasn't in the mood for any tedious physical activity at the moment.

Any? Really?
Again. Shut up.

"Training? Why?" I asked and finally stood up, rubbing my arms in attempt to warm them up.

He remained silent. Staring at me.

"Okay since you have no tangible reason for bringing me here I'll just go back home now and lie on-" I started off, already dreaming about my nice soft warm and dry bed, while turning around to make my swift escape, but Damon wasn't having it, as usual.

I was cut off by a strong grip holding my arm and yanking me back. Although it wasn't harsh.

And oddly enough his hand was very warm and soothing against my chilly skin.
I found myself involuntarily moving towards him but I stopped myself at a safe distance.

He frowned slightly and removed his hand clasping his hands together behind his back.
His eyes lingered on me for a little while and quickly dipped down to the rest of me and then he looked away.
His jaw tight, he cleared his throat and spoke.

"Incase you havent noticed yet, there have been some, sudden unexpected changes." He looked like he was searching his entire mental vocabulary to look for the appropriate words.

"Due to recent unforseen events you are now Luna of this pack, or on your way to being one, which means I cannot have you vulnerable and defenseless all the time. So you need to undergo intense training which only I can give you, understood?"
Apparently his vocabulary wasn't extensive enough, because he most certainly did not find the appropriate wording for his statement.

Of course.
I chose to pick up only one line from his useless rant.

Recent unforseen events?
That's the best he could do?
Are you kidding me?

You can just say it you know?

I huffed and shook my head, which sent droplets of water tumbling down. I was still wet.
I tried to squeeze the most part of the water out of my hair.

"You're an intolerable moron." I said it under my breath but he still seemed to have caught it since he froze slighlty and stared at me bewildered.

Then he actually started laughing.
At me?
Is this guy normal?
I don't think so.