Chapter 22

Isabella Denise

I woke up to the sun shining brightly, it's light coming from the Windows, it was so bright that even the curtains couldn't lessen it.

Feeling a warm body near me in the conditioned room I leaned into it more snuggling in it but this time opened my eyes to look at Marco through my lashes.

His eyes were closed hiding his beautiful blue eyes that I fell in love with first. It's the only thing I live about him perhaps. His lips were slightly parted and his hair were sticking in different directions, you can say that his hair were messy.

He wasn't frowning, no he looked peaceful not like the other times I saw him. Most of the time I saw him he either had a smirk on his face or his face was blank with no emotions whatsoever.

Right now he looked so peaceful, he wasn't frowning making him look like a carefree man with no worries in the world, as if there were no two strong Mafia's teamed up planning on destroying his family, everything he worked for.

As if his very own only sister wasn't shot almost a week ago. He looked carefree and it instantly brought a smile to my face as he smiled in his sleep. A genuine smile it was but it was soon replaced with a frown on his face.

"Don't you know it's rude to stare?" He said frowning at me, he opened his eyes revealing his beautiful blue eyes. He wasn't being playful, I knew because there was no hint of playfulness in his voice.

His face held no emotions, the same with his eyes, there was only one word to describe them at this moment that one word was, Emotionless. He did a good job in hiding them because as hard as I looked for a single emotion, even disgust or anger or maybe disappointment but I found nothing.

His didn't look like before, the didn't look happy, the were emotionless just like his face and blank. They gave off a mean glare towards my direction and it somehow made me feel pang of hurt or pain in my chest. My heart.

Why was he like this? "Marco? What's wrong?" I asked him and he just glared my way and ignored me as he got up and sat in an upright position his back facing me while his feet were off the bed and on the floor.

"Marco?" I said but he ignored me again and walked over to the washroom slamming the door when he entered making me jump at the sound of that. What did I do?

Was it because of his father? Was it because I asked him about his father yesterday? If only I knew the answer to the million questions that were running through my head.

I decided to give him the cold shoulder and silent treatment just like he was giving me since that's what he fully deserves. If he's just gonna shut me out and not even tell me the reason then fine, from now on I'm telling him anything about me, I'm sure as hell not gonna be nice with him anymore.

"Fine treat me that way." I muttered in a normal voice because I knew he was in the shower and due to the sound of water dripping he wouldn't be able to hear me.

I sighed before getting out of bed and standing up and just like everyday dizziness instantly made its way into my head as it spun for a few minutes making me stay still all the while.

Finally when the dizziness was gone I made my way into the walk in closet picking out a normal plain white off the shoulder shirt with denim shorts with of course my favorite sneakers in the world. My adidas sneakers.

Adidas did I damn good job making these shoes because they literally rock and go with every outfit. Yes I'm a outfit perfectionist. I like fashion, it's more of a secret talent of mine besides killing.

After a while when I was picking out which bra to wear I heard the door of the washroom unlock and quickly picked up plain white and plain white bra and hid them under the other clothes that I was holding in my hands.