thirty

Jungkook p.o.v

another chance,

--

September 22nd,

I passed by a little boy asking his mother to buy him a pink shirt. His mother scolded him for wanting such a feminine colour. If you were there, you would have intervened and proven her wrong. But you weren't there, so I didn't say anything.

September 23rd,

A customer asked me what kind of flowers he should buy for his wife. I told him to buy her forget me nots. He asked me why. I told him it was because he might leave her. He said I didn't understand marriage. I told him he didn't understand love.

September 24th

The blue irises are starting to wither. It's still not cold enough for them to. I wonder if they're telling me to not force their presence in this park. But I can't help it. I want to fill every place with your favourite colour's presence. I know that even if I remove all the things in this world that remind me of you, I'll still look for you in everything.

September 25th

I wonder if you're alone or if someone is with you. I hope someone is taking care of you and making sure you eat properly. Do they know you love sweets? I remember the way you laughed when I said I hated sweet things. And when you jokingly said no wonder I was so bitter. All the sweet things in this world can't compare to the sweetness of you, Jimin.

September 26th

I went to the cafe that recently opened up around here. It's pretty, but I stood there, wondering what kind to get. I was about to order an Americano, but stopped myself when I wanted a taste of you. So I ordered two Caramel Machiatos and went back to my studio. While drinking one, I painted a picture of you using the other. If you were here, you would have told me to keep it for your remembrance. It's just one out of the hundreds of reminders of you. But you're not here, so I didn't keep it.

September 27th

It's getting cold, Jimin. If you were here, you would have purposely chosen one blanket and used that to share with me. I remember the day we kissed and sat on the floor with the blanket draped on our laps. I knew you used that as an excuse to press closer to me with your warmth.

September 28th

Taehyung came by today. Last time I saw him, he had red hair, but he's changed it now. His hair's dark brown now, like mine. If you were here, you would have run your fingers through my hair, giggling at how soft it was. But you're not here. Jimin, is you hair still black like a raven's feather?

September 29th

Do you like the colour light blue so much because they're the same one as forget me nots? Did you realise you like the flower because of the colour or the colour because of the flower? If you were here, you would have told me not to think about it too much. But you're not here, so I'll continue to think.

September 30th

It's the last day of this month. Another month that goes by, bringing me closer to the month that I'd met you and everything changed. If you were here, you would hugged me for crying right now over the happy moments because you believed that happy moments are for you to smile at. But you're not here, so I'll continue to cry.

October 1st

I miss you, Jimin. If only you were here. But you're not.

My phone buzzed with a call and I looked to see it was a number I didn't recognise.

"Hello?"

"J-Jeon Jungkook?" A voice of a woman I'd never heard before.

"Yes? And who might this be?"

The woman exhaled slowly and cleared her throat.

"Jimin's mother."

--

with you.