⇝ OUTTAKE | Precious Love

You and Loki are in Asgard once again, but this time, on business. Odin called for a meeting of the leaders of the nine realms and wanted his sons to be present as well. Odin wanted to call this meeting as an attempt at peace with the others.

The realms attending include Muspelheim (home of the Fire Demons), Alfheim (home of the Light Elves), Vanaheim (home of the Vanir who are the sister race of the Asgardians and the Trolls).

Loki was to greet the guests and do his royal duties the entire time, so you were left to roam by yourself. Jane wasn't able to come with Thor this time, Frigga is doing her royal duties as well and the servants are attending to the guests.

Most of the kings and queens brought their children too, which you weren't excited for, no matter their ages. You just wanted to enjoy your time away from Earth.

"Stay out of trouble, love," Loki told you before he had to meet with his father, mother and brother.

"Trouble finds me," you replied.

"I know it does." Loki chuckled and cupped your face in his hands. "Some of these families that will be staying are not the kindest."

"I know." You rolled your eyes and Loki smiled, melting his lips with yours before leaving you alone in the chambers.

You read some books on the balcony for a whole hour before getting bored and going for a walk through the palace like you normally would. Everything is going smoothly, you are wearing your own clothing and scanning the portraits in the palace when you smack straight into someone.

While they almost fall, you do and bounce back onto your feet just as quickly. You are about to apologize when they angrily cut you off.

"Watch where you are going!"

You look up merely three inches and face a giant red demon with black eyes and dressed in a long black coat with that same color everywhere else. You know immediately from the Norse Mythology books that this is Surtur, ruler of the Fire Demons and you're about to make a big mistake.

"Sorry, dude," you mutter, trying to make an escape when he pushes you back.

"You are Midgardian," he observes, sniffing the air.

You notice he has his own following with him and realize there's no way out.

"Yeah, I am. I'm late for something," you say, trying to get away again when Surtur pulls you back once more, now more furious.

"You dare disrespect me?! You are nothing but a mere mortal, unworthy of speaking to kings such as I in an unholy manner," King Surtur shouts, bringing his clawed hand up to whip you straight across the face.

You scream at the sizzling of your skin and three deep slashes diagonal on your cheek. Your whole face is burning and blood is lightly dripping from the marks, but right after it happens, another presence arrives.

Loki heard your scream from across the palace and knew immediately that you were in trouble. A protective instinct hit him like a meteor and he teleported to where you were and saw the scene in front of him.

Loki goes after Surtur in a flash, and as soon as his skin touches the Fire Demon's, Loki's own turns blue. Loki uses his magic to burn the king's flesh and he yells in pain. Surtur's guards stand like statues, not knowing if they can go after a prince. Only when Odin comes does it end.

"Loki! Stop at once!" Odin demands.

Loki halts his blazing assault and slowly stands from the floor with his back to you. Frigga and Thor look on, horrified while piecing what happened together.

Loki snaps out of the trance, his body still glowing blue and eyes a fiery red. He turns around, facing you and not knowing what to do because he cannot calm himself and put the illusion of his normal appearance. He thinks this form frightens you.

You don't hesitate to run into Loki's embrace and wrap your arms around his torso with your face buried in his chest. He, however, flinches before drawing his own arms around you, slowly letting his Jotun form fade.

Loki steps back and examines the slashes on your cheek with a scowl.

"My precious love," he whispers, kissing your forehead.

"They will heal eventually," you reply.

Loki brings his hand up, turning it that icy blue again and runs it against your burned flesh. You breathe a sigh of relief at the cooling affect and feel Loki using his magic to heal the wounds. With your own mutation, it fades and only a slight ache remains.

Loki pulls you into him with his arms protectively encircling your figure and turns you both around to the others. Odin is calmly speaking with Surtur until Surtur turns to you and Loki.

"I apologize-"

Loki cuts off King Surtur. "No. You cannot apologize, and if you ever go near this woman again, I will make it my personal mission to behead you."

"Loki," Odin growls.

The Asgardian king cannot condone what Surtur did, but the whole point of the meeting of the realms was for peace and this is quite the opposite of its intentions.

"Come on," you say, forcing Loki to rip his glare away from Surtur and follow you to the garden.

"Are you okay, love?" Loki sighs and fusses over you like a mother would a child.

"Yes, I'm fine," you insists and pull on a smile as your feet hit the grass.

That's enough for Loki, knowing how strong you are and he begins muttering insults in a different language under his breath until you pull him down to the couch encircling the fireplace.

"You know, I can handle myself," you say, sitting next to the God and laying your head on his shoulder.

"Trust me, I know that better than anyone. This protectiveness just overcomes every other emotion when I see you in danger. I cannot even think straight other than to make sure you are safe."

You turn your head and kiss Loki's cheek. "Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too."

You sit there in silence for five minutes before you both see Frigga and Thor enter the room.

"We need you to come back, Loki. I hope you have had enough time to cool down," Frigga says.

You laugh at her pun and she winks at you, obviously trying to lighten the mood.

"(Y/N) is going to stay with me or I am not going," Loki states, standing with you and one of his arms across your shoulders.

"Very well, but you will have to introduce her as your wife. That is the only way the other royals will accept the intrusion," Frigga replies and Thor agrees.

Loki looks down and smiles at you. "I think we can work with that."