3 | three

i'm third wheeling, as usual.

my best friend ashton walks ahead of me with his girlfriend named kay under his arm. he breaths in the fresh air from the park and cuddles her closer.

i, on the other hand, wear a thin grey shirt that's tucked under a soft maroon coloured skater skirt. i'm fucking freezing my damn ass off, ashton never told me that it would be so cold.

"aren't you cold?" i chatter, wishing i brought a sweater with me.

kay turns around to smile sweetly at me. "the fiery passion between ashton and i is enough to keep me warm."

"what she said," ashton coos, kissing her gently.

i roll my eyes and retch when they start making out.

"this is a little kids park, don't corrupt them," i roll my eyes.

"go suck a wet one," ashton sticks up his middle fingers at me.

i take my cue to leave and walk briskly down to the kiddie park. there's a small slide and two swings. it's not very large.

i decide to settle down on the swings. i boost myself onto them and start swinging myself, back and forth.

"this is the first time i've ever seen you fully dressed," a familiar voice comments from behind me. "and may i just say, you're fucking gorgeous either way."

i blush and turn around to see if it's who i think it is. it is. luke stands there in an oversized comfortable-looking sweatshirt and black skinny jeans.

"hey luke," i blush, stopping the swings and getting off to face luke directly.

his cheeks are tinted red from the cold but he still looks radiant. his bright blue eyes stare at me
happily.

"how are you not cold?" luke asks, staring at my flimsy outfit with amazement.

"i'm about to lose my ears from frostbite," i admit, chattering my teeth.

luke frowns at me. before i can tell him to stop, he pulls off his sweatshirt and forces it over my head. instantly, i feel warmer. not only is it the thick fabric that contains the heat but it's also the fact that luke's warmness is still clinging onto the sweater. it smells so strong of him, i have a desire to keep it forever.

"you're going to be cold now, i can't take this." i frown, trying to tug the sweater back off.

"don't worry about me," luke shakes his head.

"we hardly even know each other. you don't even know my name," i state, resting my hands on my hips.

after a long pause, luke hesitantly nods his head. "that's true. but i have seen you in just your panties twice. you look incredibly sexy in them, just saying."

his voice gets huskier and lower as his sentence dragged on. i can't help but feel tingles go down my
spine. i honestly just want to get on all fours to allow luke to bang the life out of me.

"well my name's michael. just in case you wanted to know," i say, blushing furiously.

"michael? that's a beautiful name. maybe you can give me your number along with it so i can have the perfect set," luke flirts smoothly, giving me his phone.

i almost take off with his phone to be funny but i decide against it. i instead add myself as a contact and call myself to get his number as well.

"i didn't think it would actually work! wow!" luke beams, looking surprised.

i giggle at luke's awkwardness and if anything, luke beams even wider. he looks proud to have gotten me
to laugh.

"alright hemmings, are you done flirting yet? we need to get going!" i hear another voice call from far away.

both luke and i look over to the source of the voice and it appears to came from an asian looking guy with a girl under his arm. it's andrea, the bitch.

i remember luke telling me that she's the girlfriend of his best friend.

"calum's such a cock block," luke mutters annoyedly under his breath.

"take your sweater back," i insist.

"no. you wear it, i don't want you to be cold. you can return it whenever we meet each other next. and knowing us, it'll probably be in a change room." luke smirks, waving at me as he joins his friends.

"i'll text you later!" i call after him.

"i'll be waiting!"