Chapter 80

Thanks for the story title ideas, think I've gotten one chosen, pretty excited about it xD Not sure when I'll start uploading, but maybe on the first of January... Thoughts?

_______________________________________________________________________________

**Maddie’s POV**

I wake up early to find Alithea curled up next to Fred. He’s got one arm around her to make sure she doesn’t fall off the bed. Being ask quiet as I can, I reach across and pick up his camera and snap a picture. The flash makes them both wake up. Alithea rubs her eyes and clutches at his shirt. I press my finger to my lips and point at George who is lying starfish style with his mouth hanging open.  I stand up and put one foot on each of the beds so I’m directly above him and take the shot.

“What?” he cries, sitting up in shock. I laugh and jump down onto his bed.

“Merry Christmas,” I say, kissing him gently. Fred makes a retching sound.

“And happy birthday!” I say, scooping Alithea up and kissing her on the cheek. She giggles and hugs me back.

“A whole year old,” George says, taking her and covering her cheek with kisses. Alithea squeals and claps her hands.

“Let’s go down,” I suggest, holding my hand out. Alithea takes it and walks out with me. I carry her down the stairs and into the kitchen.

“Morning Mrs Weasley.”

“Morning Mum,” Fred and George chorus.

“Good morning, dears,” Mrs Weasley says, “Merry Christmas! And Happy Birthday!”

She gives Alithea a big kiss.

“Isn’t it a nice day?” she asks happily, “I do wish Percy…”

I exchange a glance with George.

“Isn’t it weird to think,” I say quickly, “a year ago we didn’t have Alithea? I mean, she was here, but not here here.”

“That is weird,” Fred agrees loudly.

“Fred, hush, you’ll wake the whole house,” Mrs Weasley says. Fred rolls his eyes at us from behind her back.

Within an hour everyone is up, tearing into their presents.

“Aw, Charlie, this is adorable!” I giggle, looking at the present he gave Alithea. It’s a plush Chinese fireball. Alithea grabs it and presses it to her face.

“So she’ll never be afraid of dragons,” Charlie says ruffling her hair.

“I think that’s a healthy fear to have,” Fred laughs. He passes me a present wrapped in pale pink.

“So she’ll never forget her family,” he says, imitating Charlie. I shift Alithea around on my lap so the present is on her lap before carefully taking the paper off. She grabs the paper and begins demolishing it.

Inside is a blue jewellery box. I lift the lid and see a silver locket with Alithea ~ 1 engraved on the front. I open it up carefully. Inside there’re two pictures. One of George and I with Alithea and one of Fred.

“Thanks,” I laugh, hugging him, “Lith, look at what uncle Freddie gave you!”

She looks up at me looking guilty.

“What did you do?” I ask. She opens her mouth and I see a wad of wrapping paper sitting on her tongue.

“Ew,” I cringe, scraping it out with my finger and flicking it at George.