Remus Lupin x Tina

(A/N This is my fifth oneshot in the past few hours. I'm on a roll! That's like a month of updating! This way, you guys get new content even when I'm really busy. I hope you enjoy.)

Requested by: swimmerval

When you hung out with the Marauders, as they liked to call themselves, puns were bound to happen. Whether it was Sirius shamelessly jumping at every occasion to make even the most horrible joke, or Remus casualy sliding in like he belonged and making a clever comment that you only got after a moment. Remus's puns were Tina's favorite, although it's natural for your boyfriend to be your favorite at everything. Almost everything. Even she had to admit Sirius had the best hair. But Remus's hair was washed more often, so they cancelled each other out in her mind.

Remus didn't mind. Sirius seemed intent on somehow getting Remus's girlfriend to like him more. He didn't join in the competition, knowing that in the end he would always win or else she would have been dating Sirius not him.

Tina hardly noticed the competition. She had assumed Sirius was just directing the teasing towards her attention as some sort of initiation. It was only until Remus explained it that she understood. But it was also then that she started to actually care about the jokes that the two made. Sure, they were entertaining before. But now every word, every smile or reaction she gave, was another point on either side. This power was something she planned on using, who knew when she'd get it again?

Remus wasn't quite sure what his girlfriend was up to, but she was such an innocent creature it couldn't possibly be anything worrying, especially when he'd gotten so used to the shenanigans of James and Sirius. Both of whom seemed to notice no change in Tina, which came to no surprise to Remus. She was pretty intelligent, and subtlety was a skill that was difficult to learn but she mastered it. She was probably born with it. Her parents are resilient and clever, the kind of parents that could deal with a conniving little girl. Probably the only people who could ever predict what she was going to do before she did it. They wouldn't teach Remus this skill though, and he hoped he would never need it.

"Hey James," Tina whispered during class. The professor's head lifted up at the noise and Remus cringed. They either didn't notice or didn't care. Tina couldn't possibly be misbehaving.

"James!" She said again louder, finally catching the clueless boy's attention.

"What?" He asked and Sirius leaned in from the table behind to listen.

"Wherewolf?" She asked.

James was too clueless to understand. With a confused look on his face, Sirius jumped at the opportunity. "Therewolf!" He said, pointing directly at Remus.

James understood now. The three of them began cackling, quiet giggles under their breath as Sirius gave Tina a high five. They tried to be discrete about their immature giggling, but Remus was looking directly at him and his twitching annoyed eye missed nothing.

"I will kill you both."

Tina pouted sarcastically and whispered something in Sirius's ear that made him laugh again, and made a deep red color flush to Remus's face in anger. He turned back around in frustration, unable to focus on the schoolwork in front of him but instead on plotting revenge.