Chapter 142 - Done With Social Media

"I'm scared Daddy." I whimpered, "I'm scared."

"Shh," he said, rubbing my back, "it'll all be alright, you're safe now peanut, I've got you, daddy's got you, you're safe."

"What happened?" I asked, my arms still around him.

"Sweetheart, you had a flashback, it's part of your PTSD." He said, stroking my hair a bit.

"I don't like it." Boy was I immature.

"I know." He chuckled and pulled away from me, "how about we get home?" He asked, "we can watch a movie?" He suggested and I nodded. "Alright." He smiled, then walked around the car to get back into the drivers seat. "How about we turn off I'll Cover You (reprise)." He suggested, and I realized that I had left Rent on shuffle which was a very bad idea.

"Sorry." I said, rushing to turn it off.

"It's fine, I just can't drive because of the tears in my eyes." He said, fake sobbing although if I had left that song playing we'd both be literal wrecks by now.

We drove the rest of the way home in silence. Once we were parked Lin scooped me up and carried me up to our apartment.

"I read your tweet about why you carry me... But... There has to be another reason." I said as he was walking into the elevator.

"Oh, I don't know really. It's just, sometimes it's easier, sometimes it is because I never got to hold infant Abi, and teach her to walk and hear her first words and, and, well, I guess, I'm trying to make up for that." He shrugged and I felt myself move up with his shoulders.

"Well. Um. I can walk, but I mean, if you want to try and teach me..." I trailed off, laughing.

"What were your first words?" He asked, the elevator doors opening on our floor.

"Oh, well my first word was, um, daddy." I admitted, "and my first, my first full sentence was 'I love you daddy."

"Oh." He said simply, walking to our door. "How about..." He thought for a second clicking his tongue, "what time were you born?"

"1:45 in the afternoon." I said.

"Alrighty, uh, what about... Pets? Did you have any pets growing up?" He asked going inside the apartment.

"No. Not even a goldfish, Tobis my first actual pet."

"That's criminal." He laughed setting me down on the couch. "Every kid needs to go through the pain of feeder goldfish." He said, sitting next to me.

"Oh gosh I'm glad I didn't." I laughed a little, "I don't want to have a pet just to see it die."

"Okay okay, so you don't want one." He clarified, scrolling through Netflix.

"Oh gosh no." I laughed a bit.

"Note to self: buy Abi ten goldfishes."

"Ten goldfishes?" I repeated laughing a little, "goldfishes? Fishes?"

"Yes, you can name them all, and nurture them and then see them all die."