a scream

part two: "different ways to say 'i love you.'"

..

they had gone undercover together that night. they were simply trying to find information on a couple who had been taking passports and money from honeymooning couples, and raping the wives, sometimes husbands. nick had already been weary, but she was perfect for the job and he would rather be with her if, god forbid, anything went wrong.

god had a different plan.

it wasn't supposed to be like this. not by a long shot. they were supposed to casually trap and arrest the couple, not become a victim. olivia was convinced they could handle themselves, and there was no other squad member involved. oh, what a stupid decision.

they weren't supposed to know that nick was a cop. they weren't supposed to tie him up, and pull off her clothes. she wasn't supposed to be struggling before his very eyes.

he was supposed to protect her from everything, she wasn't supposed to be smacked around; bruised, bloody. he was supposed to be able to help her.

they weren't supposed to heat up paper clips, or wire hangers. she wasn't supposed to be burned or branded. he wasn't supposed to hear her cries or screams, especially not from behind a gag.

but here he was, held at knifepoint, forced to watch the secret love of his life being tortured, penetrated, smacked, held down. he struggled against his restraints and tried to find a way out, to no avail.

anger boiled beneath his skin, causing his breath to become heavy and his mind to swim, but focus more on the woman who had stolen his heart. he could die today, and who would take care of her? who would help her recover from this situation? he was the only he saw fit for it.

but he was the only one he saw fit to escort her into the situation as well. it was his fault. he put her here. she was being raped, and nick blamed it on himself.

she screamed for nick and she feared for her survival. nick shouted words back at her, words she could barely make out. he told her that he was sorry, and that he could've done better, that he should've known he wasn't good enough.

the rest of his team was on the scene soon after he started speaking, but that didn't stop him. nothing would stop him now. she was in and out of consciousness and nick blamed himself entirely, she may never recover.

he screamed about how she was one of the most important people in his life, and how he cared about her more than anything.

his team was untying him and he was at her side in seconds, following the gurney and trained EMT's and trained officials through the hotel halls.

he gripped her hands and screamed about how she couldn't die on him, and that he was sorry and that he cared and that it was his fault and finally that he loved her.

he screamed that he loved her until she was unconscious, until she was on the bus, as she died and was revived on the bus.

"i love you, cariño, te amo mucho, don't you die on me! i love you! please!"

he couldn't tell when they were at the hospital or when she was ripped away from him or when he was crying or when he was sobbing or when he had finally passed out from exhaustion. he sure as hell didn't know when she would wake up or even if she would, but it wouldn't tear him from her side; not in a million years.

he loved her, she needed to know, dead or alive. she would know, and nothing was going to stop him.

..

cariño: sweetie
te amo mucho: i love you so much

okay i hope this was as dramatic as i was hoping. i dont want these to be long, but i want them to have a lot of meaning and feeling. if they dont then let me know and i will try and make them longer.