Chapter 7

Hey guys!

And another chapter uploaded!

Thanks to everyone who wrote me a sweet comment, voted, or followed!!
You guys are the best readers ever!

*The next chapter will be uploaded on the weekend of November 30. ( <- Look, I actually have a set date for an update! Don't know if that will happen again..)

-----

-> IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!

I have worked very hard on this story, so DO NOT steal my ideas.

Also, my story is only posted here on this Wattpad account, so if you see it or anything you feel copies it somewhere else, please tell me! Thank you.

Chapter 7

I awoke to the soft noise of rain hitting the window. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I noticed my wings, which were now slightly longer than my arms, were a bit crumpled and started smoothing them out. I usually slept on my back, but with these new limbs I would have to change that.

I got out of bed and went into the small adjoining bathroom, where I was pleasantly surprised to find a clean towel and a change of clothes. I quickly showered and got dressed. I stepped out of my room, still sorting through everything I had learned yesterday night. Now that I was not about to drop down from exhaustion anymore, I realized that even if I did learn a lot, I was still in the dark about numerous things.

I walked into the living room and saw Chase snoring softly on the couch. I smiled. He looked so cute laying there! The innocent boy sleeping in front of me looked very different from the brave warrior who had fought a monster last night. What was the name of that thing again? Morsee-something? Oh, right! Morsydrus! What a weird name... Definitely never heard it before.

I left the living room so as not to wake Chase and found the kitchen. A note on the table said, 'Went to town. Will be back soon. Help yourselves to anything you want. -Mortimer.'

I opened a few cupboards and soon had poured myself a glass of milk and found a box of cookies. It wasn't until I had bitten into my first cookie that I realized how hungry I was.

I must have been almost halfway through the box when I heard a laugh behind me. Turning around, I found Chase laughing at me. He came to sit on the opposite side of me.

"And I thought I was a big eater!"

I showed him his comment hadn't bothered me by shoving another cookie in my mouth.

Chase laughed even more.

"You look like a squirrel!"

I swallowed my cookie. "I do not!" I said indignantly.

As an answer, Chase grabbed two cookies and stuffed one in each cheek.

"I do not!" He said in a high pitched voice.

I burst out laughing. "Okay, that's funny! You do look like a squirrel!"

Shaking my head at his antics, I took a sip of milk. When I put my cup down, three cookies were missing from the box.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at Chase, then pointedly at the half-empty box. Chase smiled and grabbed the box to put it right in front of him and took a cookie in each hand. Suddenly, he froze and quickly put them back in the box which he pushed right in front of me.

"I saw that, Chase!" Mortimer's voice said reproachfully, making me jump. "You better be sharing with the young lady."

Chase smiled sheepishly while I looked at him in wonder. "How did you know he was coming?"