|0.9|

I walked through the halls with a much more happier mood than Friday. Although I wasn't a hundred percent happy, I was very much satisfied with how I felt when I woke up from my night sleep. My mind was blank and open to knew feelings and emotions. Instead of me always feeling like a gray cloud hovered over my head, I felt much more relaxed. My high risk of anxiety was cut short with a comfortable feeling.

Today was a very rare day for my moods, it's almost unbelievable that I'm feeling as good as I am especially with me being surrounded by the awful mix of kids at this school.

Finally approaching Mr. Johnson's classroom I peeped through the glass. The blinds were slightly adjusted so I could be able to see through the class room. I could spot Mr Johnson at his desk flipping through pages of a book he has been glued to for the past week. Due to him not teaching a core class, he was able to teach anything. Him being the instructor of social communication, we always had a new topic. It being Monday, meaning block schedule, which basically means me going to all of my odd period classes. With Mr. Johnson labled as my first period teacher on my schedule, I decided to get to him early, as I do to all my classes.

I knocked lightly on the door awaiting for Mr Johnson to open up. I took a step back just to get away from the path of the door as Mr Johnson retrieved it. Once he noticed it was me a soft smile came to play on his face, as did mine. His long brown dreads were topped off into a bun on the top of his head as his powder blue dress shirt adorned his upper half. He had the cuffs rolled up into the crease of his elbows alowing the display of tattoos he had on his right arm to show. His full arm sleeve of tattoos never were really shown unless it was Friday, casual day. His khaki slim fitting chino dress pants matched with the brown loafers that complimented his feet. As you can infer, Mr Johnson isn't that old, his young age of 28 always makes it easier for all the students to talk to him. Many students long for this elective just because of Mr Johnson's laid back and young demeanor.

He stepped aside letting me in. "Jhenea, haven't spoken to you in a while."I heard the door close behind us as I took a seat on another empty office chair he had next to his desk. My legs were aching from the lengthy walk I had endured to school. I pratically sunk into the padded seat.

"Hello Mr Johnson."I greeted him. "I know I've been M.I.A on our weekly after school talks, but it's just I would like to gather my thoughts before really talking about it." It really took a lot for Mr Johnson to open me up the little bit he has. Ever since freshmen year he has been slowly and progressively trying to teach me how to openly trust and talk to people. Of course my aloof ways and personality has been a huge hurdle in this whole thing we have going on. Mr Johnson has been openly there for me and has been the best support system I've had all my life.

Yeah, I have my Aunt April and Uncle Calvin , but it's just not the same. I understand that they'll support Kashari more then me simply because, I'm not their daughter and I don't fault them for that. I never really got upset at the fact they show Kashari more attention and feeling rather than I because I fully understand that I am their niece not their daughter.

But, Mr Johnson although I have no relation to him at all he always seems to support me a hundred percent. I'm very appreciative of him.

"So you coming here early today must mean you have everything sorted out."He raised his brow as he sat on the edge of his desk facing me.

"Sort of."I say to him with a shoulder shrug. I've always had and always will have a problem expressing myself. Due to that problem, it caused me to pick up a hobby of drawing, sketching and painting. Lucky for me, Mr Johnson went out of his way and purchased a few supplies so I could get my hobby into motion and thats where it all began. I've always had a thought that no one cares about how I really feel or what I have to say so drawing and being artistic was the only therapeutic way.