17

Elijah stepped Into witch territory, alone. The sun had been replaced with the moon and the sky had turned pitch black.

Though Rebekah and Niklaus weren't by his side. The did indeed agree to help him, just the worry in Elijah's face changed their minds certainly, but it was Elijah's idea to go alone.

Instead, Rebekah and Niklaus were set loose in the bayou, searching for clues to her whereabouts. Because three original vampires with sharpened senses is better than one. The plan was that when Elijah confronts the witches, they'd meet back together to storm where they kept her. If only he knew.

"Eloise" Elijah knew exactly where she was, he followed her back from the town, she looked worried, maybe she knew that he was onto her.

The witch halted and quickly turned around "you fool" she shouted as she recognised the vampire's face, it was something she had been holding for a while now, this anger "you have doomed us all with your acts of idiocy"

"Excuse me?" He asked, his eyebrow raised as Elijah stepped forward

"You have ended this town" she spat "unleashing a monster that we've all tried to keep down, unleashing a monster even bigger than your family"

Elijah sped forward and pinned her up, her forearm pressed tightly against her neck, he was now in control, giving seconds at a time where she could breathe, then blocking her airways once more. "What have you done with Cassandra, Eloise?" He seethed "I will not hesitate to snap your neck"

"Do it" she retaliated "it'll save me from the torture that is to come"

"Where is she?" He shouted, it echoing through the trees, Elijah dug his heels into the ground to get a better grip on her neck. The witch choked as the grip became stronger.

"We don't have her" she rasped as best as she could "I saw her go into the bayou, but I'm not going to tell you anything else, you can find out for yourself"

Elijah let go, sending the witch toppling to the ground, her hand clutched her neck as she regained a normal breathing pattern "if I found out you are lying, if you do have her... It will be your head on the chopping block"

"Oh, my Lord" Eloise didn't seem too happy "it already is"

Elijah had began to walk off, seething about the way she spoke to him. But it was her voice again that intercepted his main goal.

"May mercy be upon your soul" she quietly laughed, answering Elijah's internal question, should he let her live.

By this time, she was still on the ground, trying to gain the energy to stand to her feet. The girl was scared, therefore her powers were blocked momentarily and she couldn't defend herself with the only thing she knew how. She was a sitting duck.

But not for long, Elijah knew as soon as she would get back to the town, she'd alert the rest of them. Maybe they'd form a team to take down the vampires, they have tried it before. Maybe they will hunt down Cassie and kill her as revenge for what Elijah did.

He couldn't afford to let Eloise live. Not from past experiences, his nobility always came up and bit him when he least expected it, so he learnt to expect the unexpected, be cautious of those who he spared.

The Original walked back to the witch on the ground still, pushing his arm back and swinging it forward, hitting underneath her chin and flinging her head right off. There was no sound escaping her mouth, just a rather satisfying crack and a hell of a lot of blood.

***

Meanwhile in the midst of the bayou, Rebekah and Niklaus were searching as they had been told to do.

"The witch causes more trouble than what she's worth" Rebekah huffed "but at least Elijah's finally admitted he likes her"

"I wasn't surprised" Niklaus shrugged "strong, outspoken women with unusual powers and a pretty face are always Elijah's type"

Rebekah seemed amused by Klaus' little description "and what is my type?" She asked smiling

"Anything with two legs and a heartbeat" Klaus quickly replied, feeling proud of his remark.

Rebekah's playful smiled quickly dropped at his reply "go to hell" she retaliated, wanting anything to change the subject. And that's when they approached Cassandra's house.

"Is this hers?" Rebekah pointed ahead and asked.

"Well it is the only house within a 5 mile radius" Klaus said unimpressed "I'm guessing it is"

"It seems a bit creepier than I imagined" Rebekah stood before the front porch, she looked at the little cottage that was made out of wood. A chimney on the roof and two square Windows either side of the door. The curtains were drawn, and they couldn't see inside.

"Well a house in the middle of nowhere is definitely going to be a wonderland with rainbows isn't it?" klaus signed "especially for a renegade witch"

He walked ahead and grasped tightly on the door handle to check if the door was locked.

"What're you doing?" Rebekah finally found the opportunity to call him out on his idiocy "she's not invited us in, we can't get in"

"Yes, but if I break the door down and she is in there, she can't ignore us"

Klaus banged his whole body against the wooden door, feeling it splinter beneath him, just another full force smash and the door will definitely split in two.

And it did. The door broke off the hinges and flung back into the front room.

Rebekah stepped forward, the wooden panels of the porch creaking beneath her feet. Her hand raised to her mouth as a foul stench hit her "what is that god awful smell?" She asked

Klaus moved his head forward, feeling something strange. He took a step forward, expecting to be flung back, but instead he was allowed in.

The original turned to Rebekah "that doesn't look good for Cassandra" he said quietly

"What's inside?" She urged, the smell was familiar. They both walked in and looked around, finally clicking on everything, the final jigsaw piece was put into place and the picture became clearer.

With widened eyes, Klaus turned to Rebekah "the witches haven't got Cassandra, if she is still alive" he realised "but we need to find Elijah, now"