Chapter 236.

Songs for this chapter are:

Tomorrow- Chris Young

Miserable at best- Mayday Parade

Hardin's POV.

"How was the kick-boxing yesterday?" Landon asks, his voice strained as he lifts yet another bag of mulch. "You could help you know,"

"I know," I prop my feet up on one of the wooden shelves inside Karen's greenhouse.

With a dramatic eye roll Landon tosses the bag onto the floor and wipes his brow.

"Kick-boxing was okay, the trainer was a woman so that was fucking lame."

"Why? Because she kicked your butt?"

"You mean my ass? And no, she did not."

"What made you go anyway? I told Tess not to buy you that because you wouldn't use it." Annoyance flares in my chest at the way he called her "Tess", I don't like it one fucking bit.

It's only Landon, I remind myself. Out of all the shit I have to worry about right now, Landon is not one on the list.

"Because I was pissed off and I felt like I was going to break everything in that god damned apartment so when I saw the voucher while I was pulling out all of the drawers in the dresser, I put my shoes on and left."

"You pulled out all the drawers? Tessa is going to kill you," he shakes his head and finally takes a seat on the stack of mulch bags. I don't know why he agreed to help his mum move all this shit around anyway.

"She won't see it anyway, it's not her place anymore." I remind him, trying to keep the edge out of my voice.

"Sorry,"

"Yeah," I sigh, I don't even have a witty comeback.

"It's hard for me to feel bad for you when you could be there with her." Landon says after a few beats of silence.

"Fuck you." I lean my head back against the wall and I can feel him staring at me.

"It doesn't make sense." He adds.

"Not to you."

"Or her, or anyone."

"I don't have to explain myself to anyone." I snap.

"Then why are you even here?"

Instead of answering him, I look around the greenhouse, unsure of the answer myself. "I don't have anywhere else to go." Does he think that I don't miss her every fucking second? That if I would much rather be with her than here?

"What about your friends?" He questions.

"You mean the one who fucking drugged Tessa? Or the other one who set me up to tell her about the bet, or you could mean the one who is constantly trying to get in her pants," I count them on my fingers to add to the dramatic effect. "Shall I go on?"

"Guess not," he shrugs. "So what are you going to do?"

"Exactly what I'm doing now."

"So you're going to hang out with me and mope around?"

"I'm not moping, I'm doing what you told me to do and 'bettering myself'," I mock him with air quotes. "Have you talked to her since she left?" I ask.

"Yeah, she text me this morning to tell me she arrived."

"She's at Vance's isn't she?"

"Why don't you find out for yourself?" Fuck, Landon is annoying.

"I know she is, where else would she be?"