Chapter 47(part 1)

Mahira POV

Five years later...

Life is beautiful but not always easy, it has problems, too, and the challenge lies in facing them with courage, letting the beauty of life act like a balm, which makes the pain bearable, during trying times, by providing hope.

Life is full of moments of joy, pleasure, success and comfort punctuated by misery, defeat, failures and problems. There is no human being on Earth, strong, powerful, wise or rich, who has not experienced, struggle, suffering or failure.

No doubt, life is beautiful and every moment a celebration of being alive. A person who has not encountered difficulties in life can never achieve success. There is no doubt that there can be no gain without pain. It is only when one sweats it out that success is nourished and achieved.

Life is and should not be just a bed of roses; thorns are also a part of it and should be accepted by us just as we accept the beautiful side of life. Like I accepted my life. The thorns remind me the pain that I've struggled in my life. But as we say accept the beautiful side of life.
The pain of thorns is for a short time, and the beauty of life would soon overcome the prick of thorns.

Those who think that life is a bed of roses they they are wrong...it is not. We have to struggle to achieve like I did and now I can stand on my leg without anyone's help. I can't even imagine...that there were so many challenges that I had to face and there was no one with me who showed me the right way.

I had accepted success without letting it in my head which did brought me real happiness, contentment but not peace in life. Why? Because my heart and soul was in New York. No matter how much I try I can never get over with him. Rehan and Sani were right I won't be able to live without him but life taught me how to deal with it.

I don't know why I didn't listened to him that day? Why I didn't gave him one more chance? Why? Was I so numb that I was not able to feel any emotion? Those, who think, that good times last forever. They do not put in required hard work and efforts because they break down easily like I had always crumbled down when ever he hurted me, when ever I saw him with Laiba.

My life was very beautiful but it came with a challenge in the form of Arhaan. He was a challenge that I had to face everyday and had to overcome. I accepted these challenges but never enjoyed the life in it's true sense. Thus, I enjoy life but I'm also prepared to bear the pain.

That night a lot happened, I left him...tried to hide, got lost but still never prayed bad for him. I know I must be a fool in everyone's eyes because after getting hurt so many times by my own husband I still want to forgive him. People say when you're in love you don't see anything but I believe love is all about love that consumes us, a passion that burns us and love is all about forgiveness...because mistakes are made in love.

I can't say that I love him like I use to but I don't hate him either. It is as if my heart has stopped feeling affection. I didn't wanted to hurt him but I did wanted to feel that emotion where you are forced to stand and see the person whom you love is walking away with someone else. I don't know whether he felt that or not but I had always felt.

The view from where I am now is breath taking. When ever I feel sad or just not in my mood I come here and just gaze. Right now it was raining making me feel every emotion that was buried deep down in my heart. Five years, it has been five years...since I had saw him or heard him.

Flashback...

I walked out of the house with tears streaming down my cheeks. I looked at the house one last time, how I had taken my first baby steps when I had come here. My memories some happy some sad. In this house only I had found a brother in Rehan and his family who treated me like their own daughter.