Chapter Ten-Thank Goodness For These Friends

Once we got back to our dorm Victoria began to put on makeup for her evening trip out, I had tiptoed around her question of whether or not I wanted to join her because in truth, I didn't know. Parties had never really been my scene, I mean, I had only gone to about three but I felt as if I would never really fit that environment. 

Victoria put on some rose coloured lipstick and then placed it down, turning to me. "Well, you seem adamant about joining me," she stated, adjusting her jewellery. Victoria looked thoughtful for a brief moment before she spoke again "Look, it's only going to be a two hour party...I don't know many people there besides Zachary and I have a bad feeling West is going to be there, so... you don't have to come, but I would appreciate it," she stated. Woah, was Victoria inviting me to help her out, again? 

Things were certainly changing. 

"I don't really know, Victoria, I mean-" I started to think of excuses of why I couldn't go, but my mental list wasn't very good when it came to excuses of why to miss a party.

"Stop," she stated, holding a hand out to signal me to stop talking. Victoria then put on her earrings as she continued to speak to me "Well, listen...I wouldn't usually make this offer but how about you round up some of those...delightful individuals I saw you hanging with the other day,"

I mean, it was a pretty good offer. Margo and Fox were a lot more sociable than me so if things got too crazy I could just follow them around the place. "We have a deal," I agreed, as I nodded my head. 

"Cool. Go and get them then," she told me, scanning my outfit, she shrugged. I guessed that meant I looked okay, "Go," she said again, as she showed me her watch. Right, we had a half hour before the party started, I needed to fetch Fox and Margo, convince them to come with me and also get them ready in that time. No pressure. 

"Alrightie," I said, as I walked to leave the dorm.

"Oh and Kate," she started, I turned around to meet Victoria's grey eyes... they weren't as cold-looking anymore, good. "My fashion expertise has seemingly worked." Okay, that was definitely a compliment. 

"Yo," Margo greeted me once I had moved a few steps away from the entrance to the dorm. Fox and her sure liked to sneak up on people. "Listen, Margo...I need a favour," Margo brought her hand to her chin, as if she was stroking a pretend beard. "What shall the fabulous Margo Rodriguez assist you with today?"  

"Well," I began.

"Well well," Margo gave me a warm smile, I was coming round to finding her a good friend, she was so approachable compared to the people I had met in the past.

"There's a party tonight and I was wondering if you and Fox could come and...back me up, I'm attending with Victoria," the words flew right off my tongue. Good explanation, I thought. 

"Hmm, I'll have to think about it... I mean, you have gotten yourself into attending a party with Miss Tori herself so..." Margo gave me a grin before she directed me to follow her. 

"I guess that I can help you this one time, let's go get Fox," she told me, we began to walk to Margo and Fox's shared dorm room. Margo opened the door, Fox immediately looked up to see who was there. Fox locked eyes with me for a moment and smiled, as she came over to hug me "You survived," she said jokingly. 

"All in one piece," I said.

Margo cleared her throat and Fox pulled away from me. "Still here," she said as she gave a small smile. Fox gave her own roommate a quick hug before Margo began to speak about why we were both there. "Fox, we need to get ready," she told her, Fox raised an eyebrow. 

"What do you mean 'ready', I was just going to read a book..." It was then that I noticed the book she held in her hands.

"Kate is in need of our assistance," Margo continued.

Fox seemed a to be a little upset to be withdrawn from her book  but she turned to speak to me, "Right...uhm, what's up Kate?"

"Victoria wants me to attend a party with her, she gave me the offer of bringing someone me...so I was hoping you guys could come with me," I told her. 

"Am I hearing correctly?" Fox's eyes widened in disbelief. 

"Yep," I said.

"Miss Lace herself has invited you to a party,"

"It's got something to do with someone going there that she isn't on good terms with, I'm going as her backup and you guys are going as mine," I told them.

"Convince me, Greene," Fox raised an eyebrow at me as crossed her arms.

"Free drinks, cute dudes," I shrugged in indifference, having not really found parties too great myself, I picked the things I thought might persuade the redhead in front of me.

"Ew," Margo joked. 

"Alright then Greeny, for you," she let a small smile appear on her face before heading towards the wardrobe to pick out a navy dress "Too much?" she asked, I raised my eyebrows at her, and spoke "It's a party with Victoria Lace at,"

"Good point," Fox nodded, as she moved towards her bathroom door.

"Meh, I'm going to wear my jeans and a beanie and no one can tell me otherwise," Margo smirked and walked over to her mirror to check her eyeliner and adjust her silver beanie on her head. "Looking good," she smiled at her reflection.

"Don't mind Rodriguez," Fox told me, before she entered the bathroom and closed the door behind her. 

Margo walked over to her bed, I was guessing, to sit on it. "I'm just checking...you're okay with this, right?" Margo's brown eyes met mine.

"Of course...maybe you and I can sneak some free drinks out of Victoria,"

I scrunched my nose up at the thought of alcohol. 

"Just as I thought...you sure are a cute one Kate," she smiled.

Margo and I waited for a short while until Fox emerged from the bathroom, with her dress, makeup and hair all done.