Chapter 1 - Harley's POV

"Are you sure that you can handle this Ms. Quinzel? Every single therapist we have sent to treat him ends up going crazy! Now you are a promising young and I'd hate to lose you to that monster."

"Sir, with all due respect, I understand your concerns, but I've been the best in my field for the last 10 years. I need a challenge, if I was the one to cure him, my research and strategy would be published and sold to every psychologist out there!"

The boss sighed and put his head in his hands. "Alright, if you are sure. But don't say I didn't warn you, remember, he's very cunning and charismatic, so be careful."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bosses words echoed in my mind and I walked down to the patients cell, there were two guards posted outside his cell.

"I'm his new therapist, Dr. Harleen Quinzel." I said, trying to appear confident, even though there was a small part of me that wondered if I could do this.

The guards nodded and opened the door, it was completely dark.

"Joker wake up! Dr. Quinn is here to see you." One of the guards said, flicking the light switch and closed the door behind me.

I turned and watched the guard close the door and stood there, until a voice spoke.

"Well hello there, so glad they finally sent me someone to play with."

I turned around and laid eyes upon the infamous Joker himself. He stood up and I could see that he was in a straight jacket, which made me feel better. He sat up in his been and I sat in the chair opposite to him.

"So Mr. Joker, do you know why you're in here?" I asked.

He stared at me and then gave laugh. "Oh sweetheart, you're cute, but I can honestly say that I have done nothing wrong."

I looked down at his chart and read through his file. "Well I know that you're lying because the list of crimes you have committed goes on for at least twenty pages."

"What can I say? I like to have fun." He said with a smile.

Something about his smile was disturbingly...sexy.

No you cannot develop feelings for a patient, its unprofessional.

You stared at him for a second and then cleared your throat. "Criminal activity is not fun, it's wrong and my job is to help you to understand the error or your ways and help you regain your sanity so you can return to society."

"I'm not crazy. I'm fine." The Joker said staring at me with a serious face, then he burst out laughing. "Oh honey I'm crazy insane!!! And so are you my dear. For ever thinking that you could cure me."

"I am not insane. You are the one in the straight jacket, not me." I said.

"Hmmmm good point. Well I guess if you're a therapist then I have to lay down talking about some silly sob story like how my father left me and my mother was so stressed that she ended up killing herself after he left her." He said.

"Oh I'm so sorry." I said.

He laughed his sick laugh. "Oh baby none of that is true. I have no idea who my parents are nor do I care. Just between you and me, I don't remember anything before I jumped into that vat of acid."

"Y-you fell into a vat of acid and survived?!" I said, shocked.

"Oh don't looked shocked, I'm fairly certain that's in the file. Geez and I thought you were actually good at your job." He said.

"I have been the best in my field for over 10 years, mind you!" I said.

"Spoiler alert darlin, I really don't care." He said.

I sighed and then looked back at the file, I looked at the list of his victims, there were 800+ names on that list.

"From your file I can tell that you like to kill people, any particular reason perhaps?" I asked.

"Now that's a good question my dear." He said, now sitting up. "I kill people because I like too, I want everyone in Gotham City to know that The Joker is no one you want to mess with."

"And how exactly do you go about getting the mindset to become capable of murder?" I asked.

"Well it all starts with me grabbing my victims off the street, and when they wake up, I get to show them all of my toys." He said, cackling.

"Your toys?" I asked.

"You know the usual, guns, grenades, knifes, you know..." He said.

There was a knock at the door and it opened. "Ms. Quinzel? Time's up."

"Alright I guess we got somewhat of a start. Same time tomorrow sir?" I asked my boss while picking up my stuff.

"Yes, same time tomorrow."

"Can't wait darlin, I'll be here, waiting and plotting, thinking of new ways to get inside that beautiful head and...other places." The Joker said giving his smile.

I stared at him until my boss broke my fixation by calling my name again. "Yes sir, I'm coming." I got up and walked to the door and looked back at The Joker.

"Until tomorrow my love." He said.

I stared at him and then closed the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I hope you guys liked this chapter, I hope it was good, I'm excited about all the things have in mind for this story.

~UltimateFandomQueen