Chapter 6: A night to remember Pt. 1

I was listening Adele's last album with my beloved bright pink headphones that could reach unthinkable levels of loud music. This by the way was one of my favorite activities when I'm enjoying some alone time. Good luck Paul never saw me doing this or else I was sure he'd scold me for trying to leave myself deaf or something. That's ok though. I didn't mind being deaf for a while, hear nothing but that woman's incredible voice ringing in my ears. Unfortunately my peaceful moment was roughly interrupted.

I felt my phone vibrate and when I picked it up with my hands and saw the screen I almost dropped it. Oh my God, this guy is crazy, I thought as I walked to the huge window of my bedroom.

-It's midnight Jason!, I shouted out of my window to the parked white car of my friend on the entry of my humble home.

Jesus he looked charming like that. He was leaning against the capot of his car, wearing a leather jacket and smiling up at me with stars in his eyes.

-Actually it's 11.57. Get down here troublemaker!, he shouted back and before my neighbors complain, I decided to do as he told me to.

I carefully made my way down from the second floor of my house. Let me tell you, I didn't even breath until I felt my two feet firmly standing on the ground. Why didn't I take the stairs? Oh right... Jason's style.

-What are you...?, I started talking but he quickly put a finger sealing my lips.

-Shh just a second... aaaand... ok now it is. Happy 17th birthday trouble!, he said and wrapped his arms tightly around my body. I did the same feeling happy that we could share this moment together. Things had gotten a bit rough for us since we broke up but somehow we had found our way back to how we were before.

I smiled softly at him and he returned the gesture. Aww isn't he such a sweetheart? He remembered and he came all the way here to wish me a happy birthday. Unless... wait.

-That's all you came here for?, I raised an eyebrow in suspicion and he limited himself to just keep smiling.

-Let's take a ride, yeah?, he said with a casual smile and a voice that promised he was after something else than an innocent birthday surprise.

We drove around the neighborhood for some time while making some small talk. In the middle of the night the streets were quiet and we could barely see people walking around. It was a cold night after all, even when the bright stars were displayed all over the dark sky. It looked inviting for a walk, or at least seat on a bench with the ex crush of my life right next to me.

-It's a bit cold, I admitted while letting out a shiver.

-Here, you can have this, he said quickly getting rid of his leather jacket and wrapping it around my bare shoulders.

-Thank you. Although you don't seem to like it very much anyways, I said and peeked his reaction.

-I like what you like. And I thought it'd be good a little outfit change, he shrugged as if his clothes choice had just been an innocent act. But I knew the truth.

I knew he was wearing it because he was trying to look like the Australian guy I was seeing. I could see the sparkle of jealousy crystal clear in his blue eyes each time someone brought the subject up. I recognized that look really well because I wore it for like a year when he was with Kat. The simple memory of her made my blood boil in my veins as well.

-What are you thinking?, Jason asked me and I noticed how close to each other we were all of the sudden.

-Just... stuff, I said trying not to give away any of my feelings.

-How come you never let me into your mind Jessica Marie Anston?, he smirked at me and I couldn't help but laugh.

-It's always been easier to just hide my feelings than to deal with the consequences, I shrugged looking away when I felt a gentle hand over mine.