Chapter 34

Fluoro Pants and Milkshake Confessions

"Hold up!" Eli shouted from the passenger seat, flinging her hands up in front of her. "You're telling me that Wesley Bane came into your room in the middle of the night and didn't sleep with you?"

I blushed, switching on the indicator to make a right turn.

"Daymn, girl, he's fallen hard for you," she snapped her fingers.

"So what do you want to do today?" I asked changing the subject as fast as I changed lanes. The car behind us beeped at me for the sudden swerve and I could see the lady behind the steering wheel give me very unlady-like finger movements.

"Shop till we drop," she squealed in excitement.

I raised an eyebrow at her as we stopped at a traffic light.

"Okay, so maybe not, I don't have that much money," she sighed. "So let's eat until we can't shop anymore."

"Now that sounds better!" I cheered.

We were on the way to a shopping mall for a long awaited girl's night out. Yes, it was a Thursday afternoon but we didn't care. We had to buy a dress for the party tomorrow night. We had invited Jan but she had an essay due tomorrow and hadn't yet started on it.

"So he really didn't try to sleep with you?" she asked in amazement, putting her legs up on my dashboard.

"Eli!" I definitely did not want to talk about this right now and there. It had nothing to do with Eli. I practically told Eli everything my entire life, except for my love life.

"Hey, it's been boring without my usual party guys," she complained, pouting. "At least your love life is interesting."

I sighed, "He promised me he wouldn't sleep with me." She raised an eyebrow in disbelief at me so I continued. "Unless I tried to sleep with him."

"And you haven't already?!" her eyes were wide. "Woman, look at him. He is fine!"

I laughed, "I noticed, thank you very much."

She dropped her feet from the dashboard, rolling her eyes at me as she laughed, "You never change, Kitty."

"What do you mean?" I protested. The long road ahead was dark with only sparse street lamp posts on either side, illuminating the stretch of miles ahead.

"You always want to make everything special."

"Is that so bad?"

"No, it's not," she shook her head quickly. "I'm not saying it is. I'm just stating how we're the complete opposite. I ruin even the most special moments in my life by my un-specialness. It's inherent."

We laughed at her made up word and there was silence for a few moments as she adjusted herself into a more comfortable position in the passenger seat.

"Hey, remember when we used to go shopping together with both our parents when we were younger?" I commented. I could still see the road ahead, illuminated by my headlights, but my mind was in the past. A completely different world of colour and light.

"We'd distract them with something and run off to go clothes shopping?"

"Yeah, and we'd pretend to be buying clothes and if the shop assistant was mean to us we'd make her whole working shift hell," I grinned over at Eli.

"Oh, wow, yeah," she chuckled. "We'd keep changing our mind and make her fetch every piece of clothing in the store to try on just to piss her off even more."