CHAPTER 32: STRANGLED AND NAKED (Resolution)

Chapter 32: Strangled and Naked (Resolution Chapter)

"Bestie..."

Jeremy was the first face that I saw the moment I opened my eyes. Napahawak ako sa leeg ko and I felt some pain there. Oh, yeah. The last thing I remembered was that the lights were off and someone grabbed me from behind and does the throttling.

"Je? How long have I been unconscious?", tanong ko sa kanya. I looked around and noticed that I am in one of the rooms of Tita Anablle's house.

"Fifteen minutes or more, I guess", wika ni Jeremy. "Are you fine now? Do you remember who attacked you?"

I shook my head at him. "I have no idea Jeremy. Where's Gray and Math?"

Naupo siya sa kama. "Investigating the case. By the way, the blackout was caused by some intrusion in the beaker which was on the hallway. Ibig sabihin ay planado na talaga ang pag-atake sayo."

"Then the culprit must be one of those four!", I exclaimed.

"Exactly. That's why Gray already called the police and they're downstairs, investigating the case", sagot ni Jeremy. Nagulat itong nang tumayo ako sa kama at nagtangkang lumabas.

"Hey, saan ka pupunta?"

"I will help in identifying the culprit. Maybe I will recognize him or anything about him by seeing those four", I said. As much as possible, I don't want anyone to become another victim of the killer.

"No. you stay here. You're almost killed a while ago and now—"

"Ganoon nga Jeremy. Just almost. Don't I deserve some justice and help in identifying the culprit?", tanong ko sa kanya. Jeremy stared impatiently at me. He must be thinking how hard-headed and stubborn Amber Sison is.

"Bestie you're ALMOST KILLED. Anong mahirap intindihin doon? If you didn't surviv then maybe by this time you're already a cold corpse lying on the bathroom floor naked and uh, Gray will be the first one to discover your body—"

"Jeremy!"

"I'm just stating the possible scenario", he said at nagpout. "Awat na muna Bes. Wag mo munang ipahamak ang sarili mo. Hindi ka ba na-trauma?"

"Of course, that made me shocked and upset but I'm fine. I guess the fifteen minutes rest that I had is enough to recover my strength. Come on Je, let's help them", wika ko sa kanya. I held his arm at hinila siya patayo. Wala na itong nagawa kundi ang sumunod na lamang sa akin.

Pagdating naming sa ibaba ay may tatlong pulis na naroon at kasalukuyang kinakausap ng mga ito ang mga suspect. Of course, Kuya Arnel cannot be asked properly by the police dahil sa developmental disorder nito.

"Amber! Bakit ka bumaba? Are you fine now?", Gray asked nang lumapit ako sa dako niya.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me.  I just lost consciousness dahil sa kaba but so far, I don't think I had some physical damages or bruise caused by that attack", pagbibigay alam ko sa kanya. I'm glad that he's concern about my welfare and well-being. Even Math, she's not around dahil nasa crime scene siya at tumingin sa nag-iimbestigang pulis doon.

Gray was busy listening to the statements of those people who were interviewed by the police. Tinanong ang mga ito kung nasaan sila ng mga panahong namatay ang ilaw ang someone attacked me.

"So, balik na tayo sa tanong ko", wika ng isang pulis. "Nasaan kayo ng mangyari ang pag-atake?"

"Nasa servant's quarter ako. Busy ako sa kaka-chat sa chatmate", sagot ni Leo. Nag-alangan pa ito sa kanyang sagot at bahagyang yumuko.