19

"Elijah, listen" Cassandra tried to act normal, she stepped forward but as soon as she did, Elijah stepped back.

"I don't want to hear anything from you" Elijah growled "you lied"

Cassie stopped. She tilted her head and looked strangely at the original vampire, she then proceeded to fill the silence with a spine tingling laugh. It was uncontrollable, she couldn't stop, it went on until she was doubled over, couldn't catch her breath.

"You" she managed to blurt out, she pointed her index finger "you actually look scared" there was something about Elijah's current state that she found absolutely hilarious.

"An original vampire, scared of little old me?" She spoke to herself, pride filled her voice like it was some sort of accomplishment.

"You are insane, how did I not notice before" Elijah spat "what are you?"

Elijah referred to the fact that he could no longer hear her heart beating. Was she a vampire? Was she something more ghastly?

"I was a siphoner with a very odd taste for supernatural blood" she informed him "but thanks to you, I am now a heretic with an enhanced taste for supernatural blood"

"Thanks to me?" Elijah asked, going through past events in his mind until he came to one conclusion...

"All it took was to cover myself in my blood, lie on the floor and start the tears, and you melted and gave me your blood; when I knew you were asleep I snuck out and pierced a dagger into my stomach, beginning the transition" she explained "though it wasn't anything personal, it could have been any other vampire, it was you that came to me first"

"You allowed me to search for another girl, you allowed me to accuse others of this crime, you kissed me knowing what you were" he shouted "was all of this necessary? All of those feelings, all of those lies you told me, saying what you felt, saying that you needed time, or was it just fun for you"

"Do you think it was fun for me? Yes, at the beginning when we were close, it was fun, watching you all scour the bayou for clues when I knew that it was me. But what I told you, about these feelings were true, nothing was personal, I didn't expect to fall in love with you!" She shouted back to him, leaving the air in an awkward silence. She knew it was too late, but she did owe him the truth.

"if you hear me out, let me explain everything, and then I will leave New Orleans for good" she bartered.

Elijah wanted the truth, that he definitely did. But he didn't want her loose in the world, he would hear her out, but afterwards she wouldn't be leaving the city. Depending on how he feels, she'd either be dead, or locked away for good.

"I want to know everything, now" he urged "from the beginning, all of the lies I want clarified, I want to know every single detail and I'll know if you miss anything out"

"Don't lie; you wouldn't know, it took you this long to figure it out and even now you had to see me eat someone before believing it" she laughed

Elijah hissed at her, feeling some sort of hatred and betrayal fill up inside of him.

But instead of her opening her mouth to speak, the heretic was tackled to the ground by a blonde haired Rebekah. And Elijah could finally breathe now that he knew he had backup, now that he knew he as safe.

"You both took your time"'Elijah exhaled

"I do apologise brother" Rebekah snapped Cassandra's neck and let her flop on the floor "but it does take your siblings a long time to find out our girlfriend is a psychopathic bitch"

Klaus walked forward and handed Elijah a small piece of paper "we found this in her house, along side a pile of blood stained dresses, and some severed body parts that were decaying"

Elijah opened the paper and read the list of familiar names. Most of them had a line through, apart from the bottom name 'Eloise Tailor'

Elijah tore the side of the last name, these were obviously on her hit list, these were the witches that formed the cult. The witches that must've done something past her.

"Say the word brother and her petty life will end" Rebekah had snapped a twig off a tree and held it to the witch's chest.

"No" he protested " there are some cells beneath the ground here, I have to know the truth, I need to." Elijah explained "after I hear it I can decide if she dies or not"

"Okay, we'll accompany you" Rebekah said

"No, I have to do this alone"

Elijah lifted the body of the heretic and threw her over his shoulder. He didn't want to kill her, hopefully she won't make him.