Chapter # 45

Mahnoor's POV:

'Become water when you're dealing with fire'

Ami used to say these words when Papa got angry. She never talked back to him and just listens to his complaints and apologizes even if it wasn't her fault. But when Papa's anger once cooled down, then she'd tell him where he was wrong and she continues to tease him until he accepts defeat and apologizes.

Will it help me if I try???

I took a deep breath and look into his eyes, to be honest, I wasn't listening to a single word he said. I don't have to. His eyes can tell me everything. He was jealous and even if I try to assure him that I avoided him because I was nervous, he would not believe. So I kept quiet and reach for his hand on the back of my neck. Closing my eyes, I put my hand on his and waited for him to let out his anger.

Can you hear my unspoken words, Moosa...?

Slowly, he relaxed his grip and pulled me into an embrace, which I willingly accept. I don't hate him, not anymore. My stubbornness has reached its limits and I am exhausted now. I realize that the battle I have been trying hard to win was not a battle, to begin with.

"Sorry." I mumbled, putting my chin on his shoulder.

The wetness I have been feeling on the corner of my eyes slide down to my cheeks when he touched my neck with his lips.

~*~

Moosa's POV:

Her soft small hands rested on my back and her chin on my shoulder as she mumbled 'sorry'.

Am I dreaming???

She didn't flinch and hug me back. It took me a few moments to understand that. A strange overwhelming feeling washed over me as I inhale her sweet scent.

Slowly, I trace her neck with the tip of my nose and press my lips against her soft skin. She shivers in my arms but did not pull back. Instead, she hesitantly buries her head into my neck. I never understood the reason behind her hesitation while she is aware that I would never reject her. She didn't have to fear anything.

After placing a kiss on her temple, I pulled her over onto my lap as I leaned back on the sofa. With a shriek, she tried to get down.

"Stay." I whispered.

"I'll sit beside." Her tense face looked quite amusing.

"No! I need you nearer." I didn't wait for her response and draw her face closer. So close that her lips were barely inches away from mine. I wanted to see her reaction, so I wait until she lowered her gaze in concurrence. A sudden excitement bubbled up inside me, making me claim her lips impatiently. I didn't allow her to pull back until she granted me my request and deepened our kiss.

Her hands fisted tight on my shirt, so I pulled back. Her breaths were laboured, making her look more appealing to my eyes with her lowered gaze and rosy cheeks. I leaned in for another kiss but instead of accepting, she puts her head on my chest. I sighed in defeat and threw my head back onto the sofa.

Noor's stiff body relaxes slowly as I stroke her arm. I never thought that such a day will come when she will accept me. I was ready to be forcefully for keeping by my side. I threatened her and manipulated her. I knew she was afraid of guns, still, I handed it over to her and give her the option to get rid of me. I blackmailed her to marry me, I killed that Kamil guy in front of her eyes to make her submissive. Yet she was accepting me after all this.

But I wonder how long will it remain like this when I am about to throw her into something horrible again.

Will she be able to forgive and re-accept me...?