Remus Lupin x Bitten!Reader (catch_the_snitch's Request)

Your parents had been away on a business trip and left you in charge of your house

Your parents had been away on a business trip and left you in charge of your house. It stood isolated from a small village. The woods embraced and swallowed your home completely, making it impossible to spot from the from the village. 

Since you'd just turn 17, you were still getting used to being able to use magic out of school. You still had your seventh year in Hogwarts, but at least you could start practicing during the summer and not get expelled.

You went outside for a midnight stroll that night and enjoyed the cool breeze caressing your skin. You'd always loved this time of the day - the darkness never scared you and you loved Astronomy. Stargazing was one of your favourite things to do, because it never failed to calm you down and clear your mind. That night was a very special one indeed - the full moon shone down on you, lighting the small forest path you were taking. You gently brushed your fingers across the pine trees you crossed and closed your eyes a little, enjoying the peace and quiet. You took one more step without opening your eyes, hands brushing the pine needles - then suddenly you felt fur under your fingertips.

Opening your eyes, you found yourself face to face with a snarling werewolf. You recognized the creature immediately - after all you'd learned quite a lot about them at school. It must have sneaked up on you while you were distracted. Shrieking, you pulled back your hand immediately and started running. You couldn't outrun the creature - you knew that. Whipping around, you tried to pull out your wand, but the werewolf had been quicker and locked its jaw around your arm. You struggled to reach your wand with your other hand and when you did, you drew the creature back with powerful spells.

You choked out a sob and ran back to your house. Once you entered and locked all the doors, you sank down on the floor sobbing and cradling your bitten arm. You knew what that meant - you became a werewolf now, too. That night you were too afraid to sleep and learned to fear darkness.

...

I woke up on the ground, naked. My whole body was sore as if I had been fighting last night. Shivering a little, I put on the robe I had left for myself the day before. I trembled and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand - and I saw blood. Lots of blood. But I didn't have a single cut on my body. I realized what I must have done and guilt and sorrow flooded me. I had never felt more miserable in all my life.

Trying to quiet my sobs, I walked back where I had come from to look for the person I must have bitten. My stomach felt sick when I stumbled upon a trail of blood on the ground. Following the trail, I ended up at a beautiful wooden house concealed from everyone. I knocked vehemently on the door, and upon recieving no answer, I tore the door open. The door was open and I entered warily. Images of mauled bodies and dead people flooded my vision and I gulped. The house was empty. If anyone had been here overnight, they must have left in the morning. 

I limped outside and blinked until my eyes got used to the sun. I sat down on the porch and buried my face in my hands. I had ruined someone's life.

I had never hated myself more.

...

"How was summer, (Y/n)?" asked Sirius excitedly and pulled you in for a hug.

You smiled tiredly and shook your head a little. "Nothing exciting."

"You okay?" Sirius looked at you with rising suspicion. His friends joined you exactly at that moment. You knew Remus a little, but you didn't know Peter and James at all. You all greeted each other, but the Sirius turned back to you again. "You don't look so good."

Your first transformation happened only two days ago and you felt terrible. It was incredibly painful and since you were locked up, you hurt yourself. You smiled a little and rubbed your scars on your hands. "I'm okay."

"I'm not buying it," Sirius sighed and patted your back. "Maybe you should go to the Infarmary and see Madam Pomfrey. Remus was just headed that way, you could join him."

You drew back from Sirius and forced a smile on your face. "No, thank you. Like I've said, I'm okay."

...

Those scars, I thought as I stared at (Y/n)'s hands. I knew those scars too well. Even though I was incredibly tired since the last full moon had been two days ago, I rubbed my face and took (Y/n)'s hand in mine despite his protests and pulled her with me.

"I'll take (Y/n) to the Infirmary, guys," I said as I walked down the corridor with her. "See you later."

I let go of her once we reached an abandoned part of the school and she drew back immediately.

"What are you doing, Remus?" she hissed.

"Your scars," I said, but my voice started trembling. "I know what's happened to you, don't try to lie."

Her eyes widened and she started shaking.

"When, (Y/n)? When did it happen?"

"This summer," she whispered.

"Wicked Grove?" I moaned and felt my stomach become sick.

Her head snapped up and looked at me. "How did you know?"

"I'm so sorry..." I started, but my voice trailed off and I started crying.

...

"Remus, stop!" you yelled and ran after the boy.

"Don't," he screamed back, "I said don't follow me! Haven't I caused you enough trouble? Just leave me alone, it's for the best!"

You caught up with him and grabbed his arm. "Remus John Lupin! You're going to hear me out right now."

The sun was setting in the background and its last rays danced on the dark surface of the Black Lake. You had been chasing Remus ever since you had caught a glimpse of him in the Great Hall. After he figured out he was the one who bit you, he gave you some tips and then cut you out of his life completely. You weren't angry with him - quite the contrary. You had grown to first like, then love the boy. He was innocent and was not guilty of turning you into a werewolf. It was in his genes, he couldn't help it, therefore he couldn't be held accountable for it.

"I can't even look at you, (Y/n), without realizing over and over again that I've ruined your life," he said and indeed looked truly miserable. "Have you come to guilt trip me?"

"No, no! Not at all," you said and looked at Remus with a faint smile. "I wanted to tell you something."

Remus stayed quiet and looked at you with a tortured expression. At that moment, you couldn't care about social rules or consequences - you stepped forward, cupped his face and kissed him fully on the lips. You drew back and searched the boy's eyes with yours. He opened them slowly and had a look of wonder and shock in his eyes.

"I figured if we were going to be outcasts for the rest of our lives, we could be outcasts together," you explained quietly. "I never liked the term "lone wolf" anyways."

Your words shocked Remus deeply. He had always liked you more as a friend, but after what had happened, he thought you were going to hate him. Instead there you were, confessing your affection towards him. He pulled you in for a hug, buried his face in your hair and whispered, "I'll never leave your side, (Y/n) (Y/l/n). Not out of pity, but out of love."