21. Cupid

Taeil was nowhere to find, so Jae leaned against the balustrade listening to the sounds of the night - the disco, the cars, the birds and cicadas.

Maybe Yuta was right and losers like him, Doyoung, or Taeil were never meant to have a partner, or love. Taeyong was so close, but so far away that Jae felt he wants to run, but in this moment the door behind him crackled, and Lauren stormed out. She was red and had tears on her cheeks, she kicked the barrier then glanced at Jae, she laughed.

"We're always meeting in situations like this," she said.

"Yuta?" asked Jae.

"Yes, he's so selfish," she kicked the barrier again swearing loud.

"He can only love himself the king of everything," she spat each word out.

"Typical Yuta," Jae laughed.

"The way he treats you guys is not right, but it's only because you're way more talented than him," she came closer and Jae nodded awkwardly. "Come and dance with me, I'm so fed up with this loser," she grabbed his hand and Jae felt weird.

"But..." he started.

"I know you're gay, but it doesn't mean you can't dance with a girl," she smiled so Jae nodded.

She was so right. They walked inside and Jae saw, that Taeyong lifted his head from the bar, then hid it again. Jae was so fed up too, maybe a little jealousy would work, so he stopped next to Lauren on the dance foor and began to move to the beat.

They danced far away from each other, but from time to time he grabbed her hands spinning her around, and while he danced Jae felt better. The school's loser was on the floor with a pretty girl, while the famous rapper was sitting there all alone getting drunk.

Jae smiled brightly, but then he noticed Taeil, who walked into the room. He had left his sweater somewhere and rolled the sleeves of his white shirt up.

"Wait hefe fof a moment," Jae smiled to Lauren and she seemed shocked, but he crossed the room running to Taeil.

"Dance with me," he said grabbing his hands.

"What, are you drunk?" Taeil laughed.

"Come dance with me," Jae pulled him to the middle of the dance floor, where Lauren was standing, there he let go of Taeil's hands and connected them with Lauren's small ones.

Taeil and Lauren were both too bewildered to oppose, and Jae smiled mischievously, when he returned to his couch. He watched the two - Lauren glanced around the room and Taeil rubbed his blonde-brown hair. Jae noticed, that her face was very red, when she said something and moved closer putting her hands on Taeil's neck. He grabbed her waist in a delicate way, they began to move to the music, slowly and awkwardly. You could notice the tension. The first song was crucial and Jae kept his fingers crossed, he played Cupid, and he was so proud of himself, when a romantic melody filled the room, and Lauren laid her head on Taeil's shoulder, while he closed her in his strong hands. They looked perfect, way less perfect for Yuta, who entered the room and nearly choked on his beer. He tossed the bottle against a wall then ran out swearing under his breath, while Taeil and Lauren forgot the whole world, too deep into each other, and Jae smiled.

He looked over the situation. Johnny was still bussy dancing with the same girl and Mark had his lips glued to the pretty brunette, while Taeyong was opening another beer bottle next to the bar.

'Centuries upon centuries we did the same thing.' Taeyong's deep voice and his rap appeared in Jae's head, so the boy tossed one last glance at the heartwarming sight - Taeil and Lauren, then he left the room back to the balcony.